DIY Zigbee 4x DS18B20 temperature measurement

You can if you prefer so. By using one pin you only need one wire from the sensors to the CC2530.

The ds18b20 sensors have a unique id so you can connect multiple of them to one pin. This page relates to esphome, but explains it Dallas Temperature Sensor — ESPHome

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I’m having issue on the values I get from the sensors, maybe I wired the cables bad. I’m configured like you set up above (without the resistance from data to vcc cable but I think it’s the same). I only receive a signal from p1 and it doesn’t update, it stays always to 12,4 degrees.
What I’m doing wrong ?

So it is not the same. Try the resistor.

Hi, sorry for offtopic, but where did you get that z1 mini from?
Is it programmable directly via USB port or you still have to use debugger?
Thanks

Programming via ptvo over usb serial.

Awesome project and just what Inneed to monitor a wood boiler system.

Is it possible to get this to work in HA, running Hassos, rpi3b+, Conbee 2/Deconz?

Hi Thomas. I would be very interested in your print layout. Can you PM it to me?

Or better still put it up on github or somewhere else public!

ZigBee is very stable. Is it OK to use battery power? Does ZigBee need to design power-saving circuits? Forgive me for not being familiar with ZigBee

please check: https://ptvo.info/zigbee-configurable-firmware-features/power-saving-mode/

Thank you very much.

Why is my format like this mqtt,Can I see your vtvo expert

I don’t think the z2m converter supports P17, see Custom devices (DiY) ptvo.switch control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

There are data, but the subject is wrong. Can you help me check it

Hi there,
sorry for late reply, I’m not so used to come to community forum… an Italian guy developed a custom zigbee device, I use this since few months and it’s working so good, link it here:

This is exactly what I was look for!
Just to make sure I have the correct stuff selected before I purchase,

Are these the correct items?
How many sensors can the board handle, is 4 max? 4 is enough for my needs just curious.

(I already have the programmer from previous projects when I started with Zigbee and the regular cheap coordinator stick many have used, as long as it’s the same needed here but I guess it is)

EDIT

Guess a battery box

Might be a nice touch also, any idea how long a setup with 4 sensors will run on 2 x AA batteries?

A bit of vero board. Personally not sure of power supply needed.

Vero board, good input but already ordered, have some breadboards I can use temporarily for this.

The power supply struck me after I ordered… will only get 3V from 2 x AA batteries and the DS18B20 seem to need a minimum of 3.0V to function according to https://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS18B20.pdf so probably need to rethink my power since those AAs quite fast will drop below 3.0V I guess.

EDIT

Ended up getting these

So I finally got all the stuff and took the time to build it tonight, all worked fine until I wanted to detect the HEX-ID from the sensors, I can at a maximum see 3 devices (trying to connect 5 in total).

I have done all I can think of, checked all soldering, re-soldered… replaced DS18B20 sensors, connected more / less, re-flashed the CC2530 several times but whatever I do I can only see 3 devices in the logs of Zigbee2mqtt (skipped the MQTT Explorer part since they are visible in the log anyway)

So, any ideas what could be wrong?

Edit even tho I did not send it yet…

So, I had this message saved and did not post it, I finally found the solution… I have no clue why but it works like this for me.

5 sensors connected, I can only see 3.
After many attempts I just decide to program those in and re-flash the CC2530
Next boot I can see the 3 programmed ones and 1 new…
Re-flash with the 3 I had before plus the new one.
Next boot I see the 4 programmed and 1 new…

Once more re-flash with att 5 programmed and all works… spent like 7-8 hours trying to get this to work… FML.

Second edit…

So, I have sensors that are showing data as expected, however they are not seen as temperature senors, I tried to follow the instructions from the first post in this thread but when I added that to my configuration.yaml I got a error message that this will stop working in HA 2022.12 so I removed it and have now spent another hour trying to get that to work but no luck… does anyone have a working setup of this that will not break in 2022.12…? hopefully someone can shine some light on how to add the sensors correctly.