DIY Zigbee 4x DS18B20 temperature measurement

This looks really nice!

Hi,

Anyone please help,

I got the temperature sensor detected by my Zigbee co-ordinator but I get no entities. The signiture looks like this (can you help?):

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4447, maximum_buffer_size=80, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=160, server_mask=0, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=160, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0100",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x000c",
        "0x0b05"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0000"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "DDD",
  "model": "solar1temp",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

How can i create an entity in home assistant so I can get the output of my probe in degrees C?
Thanks

Sorry, I have no experience with ConbeeII. This setup works with the zigbee2mqtt system.

Hello, this is so great ! I have a cc2531 lying around… (I switch for a cobee II). Do you think it can also do the trick ? There is a P15, but no VCC, is Vdd equivalent ? Or am I totally wrong, and wasting your time…

Good idea, you may change P15 to another port. Suggest to double check: https://www.ti.com/lit/ug/swru221a/swru221a.pdf Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 21.01.30

1 Like

Is it possible to use a temperature and humidity sensor, eg SHT30
It has four wires:

1. black - GND
  2. Red - VCC (power supply 2,15-5,5V)
  3. White - SDA (data line)
  4. Yellow - SCL (clock line)

I am thinking of using something like this with four sensors for mechanical ventilation

1 Like

Yes, this is on the available sensor list: ptvo

Hi! I have to make the same project for my heating system. I have a couple of questions: why did you use all the data cables from the four sensors into the same pin? Could you use for example one pin for each sensor?
Many thanks :slight_smile:

You can if you prefer so. By using one pin you only need one wire from the sensors to the CC2530.

The ds18b20 sensors have a unique id so you can connect multiple of them to one pin. This page relates to esphome, but explains it Dallas Temperature Sensor — ESPHome

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I’m having issue on the values I get from the sensors, maybe I wired the cables bad. I’m configured like you set up above (without the resistance from data to vcc cable but I think it’s the same). I only receive a signal from p1 and it doesn’t update, it stays always to 12,4 degrees.
What I’m doing wrong ?

So it is not the same. Try the resistor.

Hi, sorry for offtopic, but where did you get that z1 mini from?
Is it programmable directly via USB port or you still have to use debugger?
Thanks

Programming via ptvo over usb serial.

Awesome project and just what Inneed to monitor a wood boiler system.

Is it possible to get this to work in HA, running Hassos, rpi3b+, Conbee 2/Deconz?

Hi Thomas. I would be very interested in your print layout. Can you PM it to me?

Or better still put it up on github or somewhere else public!

ZigBee is very stable. Is it OK to use battery power? Does ZigBee need to design power-saving circuits? Forgive me for not being familiar with ZigBee

please check: https://ptvo.info/zigbee-configurable-firmware-features/power-saving-mode/

Thank you very much.