D'link DCH-Z510 Siren Notification Report

Hi!

I just received a D’link DCH-Z510 Z-Wave siren and would like to trigger the various alarm sounds depending on the type of alarm (fire, burgler and so on).

According to the manual (https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=Manuals/1262/DCH-Z510_Manual.pdf) this can be accomplished using a "Notification Report.
How would I be able to use this in an automation and how could I test it using the event area in the developer tools?

Thanks!

I’m facing the same problem. According to my research, we currently don’t have any option to send this notification report from Home Assistant. According to this google group thread, the Z510 siren only reports a SWITCH_BINARY command to the Z-Wave controller, but not the NOTIFICATION_REPORT command.

It is technically possible to send the NOTIFICATION_REPORT command manually. The guys from Vesternet reverse-engineered the Z-Wave commands and wrote a guide on how to build the manual message. Unfortunately, OpenZWave (which HA relies on) does not implement any function to send these manual (raw) commands. There already is an issue for this on their Github and the solution doesn’t seem too complicated, however the issue has been open since April 2016.

This means that we will have to wait for the feature in OpenZWave first and then for the HA devs to update the OpenZWave library version. Our best option in my eyes is to show interest in the OpenZWave issue in order to push the feature. If you found any other solution, please let me know.

No update here? I have this unit now, and it would be nice to be able to control the various parameters.

Would it be possible to use a script (bash or some python) to set the setting prior to calling the on switch?

I have the same siren and same needs. After the HA soft fork of OZW, maybe there’s a better chance of achieving this now?

1 Like

I think the problem is that there are no config parameters or at least HA does not know about config parameters.

I’m also interested in this, apparently the pull request was merged into the dev branch of OZW (https://github.com/OpenZWave/open-zwave/pull/1701).

I do not know if the feature has made its way on the master branch though, and if it has HA needs to add support for it.