DM_WF_MDV4 Esphome Config

Good night,

I’m trying to set up the glow control of these dimmer with ESPHOME, but I’m not successful, the same way was in TASMOTA.
I tried several settings of minimum and maximum glow settings, but none of them worked satisfactory. Has anyone ever succeeded with this module? He’s based on Tuya, with a secondary chip Mcu that connects Tx and Rx.

Got it working?

Hello, sorry for the delay, but unfortunately it still doesn’t work, I’m still struggling with this module, when and if there is any evolution notice.

Thing is I see Tasmota reported to work, so should be easy to use that knowledge…
No time now to jump into that, but that is what I will do…

What did you try already?

This video was a winner for me on Tasmota. 100% same unit)

Did you remember to ground the RST-pin on the MCU while flashing?

Template: Tuya MCU (54)

tuyaMCU 21,2
dimmerrange 48,254
SetOption19 1,

All good to play with in HA with auto-discovery, only “minor” is if you set the value to “0” in HA, it vil switch off the light no matter what lowest dimmer-range has been set to, hence my values as i will only ever use it through HA. I have 2, screwed up the relay-setting on one of them & cant get it back in working order as MCU-memory doesnt reset when resetting the unit, but other unit works 100% on a 30W glow-bulb…Not tested yet on my 3* 20W LED driveway lights but smaller LED-loads (10W) is useless due to the Leading edge design of the dimmer, as found out on reception :poop: :joy:

Hello, I’ve tried several dimmer configurations, I’ve tried to remove the min and max from the config, I’ve tried also with Tasmota, in short, everything I found related to this module on the internet I tried, and look, it was not a little …

Hi Michael, how are you?

I did not land this pin during the process, I only did it according to the process via OTA. I am using ESPHOME now, since I had already exhausted all possibilities with Tasmota, but I will load the bin. of TASMOTA again and check if with this config the dimmer will respond correctly. Your information is precious, because I use a 10w 50 / 60Hz 100 / 240V dimmerizable led lamp for testing, maybe I need one with 30W for all this to work, it will be my next purchase. I am extremely grateful.

You can not use so low loads on a leading edge dimmer. Just tested here. We have storm in Denmark at the moment, but i will prob. test with my 3 * 20W LED´s, mounted in parallel tomorrow to se if the dimmer is useful at all or its just a nice looking paperweight :smiley:

I´ll be back :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your attention, I await your return, and if I have any developments I will let you know.

Its working with little bit of flicker in the LED´s on 3*20W. (Off course no flicker when LED´s are at full power)

Im thinking of looking in to the LED´s & see if i can find a capacitor on the DC-side & raise its capacity but fear that its not possible without making a completely other design…Or just buy a dimmer thats more sutable on LED´s.

Hello Michael. Thank you for information about Tuya dimmer. I own one with mcu that can’t switch off light. Could you advise me how you fixed yours?

Hi

Unfortunately i believe its one of the effects on lamps with too little load. Sorry but you should get a trailing edge dimmer instead of these.