DMX lighting

Thanks for your great work! Really looking forward for multiple fade at the same time :smiley:

Unfortunately I also can’t get it running. The logs say “no module named pyartnet”.
I’m using your latest version (16:22)

edit: log screenshot

Strange - it seems that the required library has not been installed from pypi.
Maybe you can edit the component and set the ‘>=’ in Line 22 to ‘==’?
I don’t know if this helps but I’ve again looked at the docs and I am doing everything as described …

That did the trick for me! Thanks a lot, everything works like a charm. Also the dimming curves are really nice :smiley:

hello i have had a problem installing too
Home Assistant
can you help?
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 219, in async_add_entities for entity in new_entities] File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 216, in <listcomp> self._async_add_entity(entity, update_before_add, File "/config/custom_components/light/artnet.py", line 109, in <genexpr> lights = (ArtnetLight(light, dmx, send_levels_on_startup) for light in config[CONF_DEVICES]) File "/config/custom_components/light/artnet.py", line 143, in __init__ self._controller.set_channels(self._channels, self.dmx_values, send_immediately) File "/config/custom_components/light/artnet.py", line 327, in set_channels self.send() File "/config/custom_components/light/artnet.py", line 313, in send self._socket.sendto(packet, (self._host, self._port)) socket.gaierror: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve

Hi!

I have an Art-Net dimmer with 16-bit resolution: https://www.shop.dmx4all.de/en/dmx4all-products/led-dimmer/dmx-led-constant-voltage-dimmer/dmx-led-dimmer-x9hr.html
It uses two consecutive 8-bit channels to get one 16-bit “channel” in big-endian.

Myself I’m a c++ programmer without any knowledge about python. It would be great if you could implement such a 16-mode, otherwise could you give a hint how I should begin to hack something (surely not of quality for a pull-request :-)).

@livewild1988: Seems like you configured something strange for your IP Address.

@jandar: I’ll see what I can do.Maybe I can provide an update in the next couple of weeks.

i was using wrong file my mistake all working now

Hi all,

I am quite new to the forum (using HA already for a longer time) so please forgive if this question belongs somewhere else :slight_smile:

I have installed the Sacemanspiff2007 plugin and most is working so far, starts without any errors. Great work!!

I have one major problem, i can’t figure out how to connect my ARTNET node (fixed to 2.0.0.1 IP) to my homenetwork. HA is on 192.168.10, connected to a router and the node is broadcasting to 2.255.255.255, also connected to the same router. Btw, I have this node.

Whatever i try, i can’t get it working. It looks like this specific node doesn’t have an IP at all. Does someone know how to properly configure this?

Many thanks for your answers. :blush:

Hello @Maarten ,

I think you need to change the Ip address of the node. In the picture you can see that its possible

Hi @rubendijk,

Many thanks for you quick reply! It is a bit confusing, but this screenshot is a screenshot of Freestyler (DMX) software and not from a webinterface. It doesn’t seem possible at all to change the ip of this device :frowning:

if you are unable to change the ip address you can make a route in your router so the router knows that there is something on the 2.x.x.x range. for more info you should search on routing table

Hello @Maarten,

Sorry, its indeed to set the IP of the software program.
Maybe this is something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em6VX4d5Zeo

set the ip address of the computer to the same range of the art-net node
PC ip 2.0.0.2
subnet 255.0.0.0
default gateway 2.0.0.1

then open the internet browser and try to connect to the node (2.0.0.1)

i think there must be a settings or config page to change the ip address of the art-net node to your home network range.

installed the component on a fresh hassio install 0.84.4 and ‘==’ didn’t work ‘>=’ did work.

Updated hass-dmx to add support for WWCW lights (warm white, cool white) with tunable temperature. This has had support for parallel fades for some time, was just a bug that this wasn’t working.

Note file should be called light.py in the dmx folder now instead of dmx.py in the light folder.

I must give @spaceman_spiff 's component a go (I hadn’t seen this thread until today)

1 Like

@jandar Home Assistant’s brightness value is stored as 0-255 - so probably couldn’t get any higher resolution control than currently available. Or do you just want to have the same 0-255 resolution of control but compatible with your dimmer?

My dimmer can be used with normal single-channel or with double-channel values. So the compatibility isn’t a problem. At very low brightness the steps from 0 to 1 to 2 are too coarse grained. I plan to use a few red LEDs as night lights but even at brightness value 1 (8-bit setup of the dimmer) this is too bright for my dark-adapted eyes.

I would like the larger range of 0-65535 for brightness values. If this doesn’t fly, a kind of gamma-curve to get more resolution at low brightness would be an expedient improvement.

That would need to be a request and changes to all the light platforms to switch to a 16 bit brightness value.

I could add a light profile where you could use the colour temperature slider in HA as the fine control channel instead of adjusting colour temp. But it’s a bit nasty. Alternatively could add a service to take a 0-65535 value which you could use an input slider or scenes to set the high resolution value

I’ve just added a custom_white light type which you can use ‘channel_setup’ to specify what each channel should be.
You could use channel_setup: dT so the brightness will control the coarse dimming then the temperature slider can control the fine dimming.

Awesome to see how your DMX components are improving. Have you guys thought about a pr to integrate it into ha? Maybe merge the best of both

I’ve been using it everyday for 3 months now without any noticable flaws. Pretty sure many people would love to see it as a native part of homeassistant.

Thx for your work!

The component works, but after restart, all my RGB-lights is set to a blue colour, the forst time i activate any DMX light, they revert if the get sent a new light value, but am i doing something strange? Is it possible to set default brightness for RGBs as well?