Dnsmasq using srv-records?

hey there!

I’m trying to set up srv-record on dnsmasq, I believe for achieving what I intend to do, but I’m struggling badly to do so.

I have HA running on a rasppi, on IP 192.168.0.25, and a server on 192.168.0.3 with a bunch of services offered on different ports, for example 8083, 8084 and 8085.

I have set up my rasppi to be the default dns server in my network, so now when I do nslookup serverxyz.myddns.com I do get 192.168.0.3 correctly :muscle:.

However, if I want to access one of the servers on the server, I’d have to do serverxyz.myddns.com:8083.
I understand srv records are to overcome this, and be able to do thing1.serverxyz.myddns.com
But I am not finding out how to put this entry on the Services part of dnsmasq :frowning:

What I have tried:

- srv: calibre.serverxyz.myddns.com
  host: 192.168.0.3
  port: 8083
  priority: 0
  weight: 100

What am I doing wrong? Any hint to advance on this?
Thank you!

Hi,
I do not know, I am already struggling to get dns resolution for hosts specified in the hosts section under configuration in the dnsmasq addon frontend in HA. Can you share your complete config and tell me if you entered it as yaml code or directly from the frontend? If I make it work I will try my own services setting as well.

hey,
I have sort of given up on it, since I have never managed to do dns pointing to specific port :confused: I am still getting the right domain and then manually putting the port that I want depending on the service - quite a pain for now…

Hey,
IP resolution is working but I do not use port/services specific settings currently.

I use nginx for this, e.g z2m.mydomain.com resolves to 10.0.0.66:8080