Dobiss NXT support

that is because you installed the my custom component :slight_smile:

I found a way to develop my integration using a repository compatible with hacs. So I’ve gone ahead and created https://github.com/kesteraernoudt/dobiss, which is ready to be used through HACS.

To do so, uninstall (remove the dobiss folder) the current version if you have it installed already. Then install HACS (https://hacs.xyz), and add a custom repository (I’ll see if I can add it to the standard repositories, but for now you need to add this):

That should make it easier for users to install and update.
I’ll be retiring the other repository as I won’t commit any changes any more there.

hello,

old version is uninstalled and installed again trough HACS ! very good job Kester !
everything seems working including your wonderful dev for temperature control ! I tried also trough a call services and it’s ok

little question, by default you defined attribute value for entities (example min_temp : 7 and max_temp 35)… is it possible to define this differently in a config file ? the goal is to use this

with for example 22 deg in stead of 35 ?

you defined by default a timer of 30 min, is it possible to define an other value if needed ?

happy new year to all and very good job kester !

thanks,

jp

The min/max attributes are the defaults from HA, I didn’t set those. I believe you should be able to change them in the UI: Configuration > Customization -> select your climate entity. There you can override attributes.

The default timer comes from dobiss actually. I could set a default which will be used when you switch from automatic to manual mode. I’ll look into creating an attribute for such, which you can override the same way. What would be a sane default?

Ok thanks… yes it works with customization

Let’s say 1h is a good default timer to heat a room… what do you thing ?

i have added support to set the default time in the underlying pydobiss package. But I haven’t found a way that allows you to set and store such in HA… If I add it to the device attributes, from the gui it looks like it’s working, but I can’t get, save, restore the value in my component… I’ll do some more digging, and let you know if I find something.

Happy New Year everyone!

I’ve pushed a new version (you should see that when using HACS. This version will create a new ‘Number’ Entity for each climate control, that contains the default time that will be used for that climate control zone. This value is saved in the state machine of HA, and restored upon restart!

Some more good news: my integration has been merged in the main HACS repository - https://github.com/hacs/default/pull/758. So from the next HACS release onwards, there’s no need to add this as a custom repository!

hi kester,

do I need to do something after you change your repository ?

upgrade is successful and easier than before (thanks for you integration into HACS) :wink:

fyi, I needed to relaunch the dobiss integration today because temperature sensor was not updated anymore… but now it’s ok, if the problem will occur again, i will activate logging…

I seen number entity but can you explain parameters for the timer ?
min: -30
max: 1440
step: 15

thx

jean-pierre

Hi @bosjp
I’m not sure if you need to do anything when the next HACS version will be released - I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

If you see that problem again, indeed, let me know and we can try to debug.

the default timer parameter is what will be used as the default timer when changing from automatic to manual temperature control, expressed in minutes. The default in dobiss for that is 30, and you can only specify multiples of 15. I’ve left the option to specify -15 as well, as that is (if I reversed engineered this correctly) what dobiss is using for indefinitely. But otherwise, it’s just a number of minutes that will be used by default.

To quickly test this parameter, I’ve created an input_number entity, and an automation that on that input_number state change, updates this entity. That worked, so hopefully it works for you as well…

Let me know if this works for you.

-Kester

I use dev tools an i do this :

I see value in the entity

I change the temp

but into dobiss it’s still 30 minutes…

is it the right process to do this ?

If you set the state using this mechanism, this doesn’t get communicated to the device itself, it just changes the state in HA. I don’t seem to get any message or anything to handle such, and I don’t think it’s the right way of doing so.
If you call a service, then it gets propagated correctly - at least for me. Can you try:

yes it works ! thanks for your help…

value : -15 is permanently
value : 0 is until next schedule

have a nice day…

I’m using fermax “meet” as doorphone integrated with dobiss… do you know if there is an integration into HA ? because I don’t find something … do you know this product ?

do you know why I can’t use parametrisation for the timer in the customize.yaml ?

config $ cat customize.yaml
climate.chambre_parents:
max_temp: 22
climate.chambre_juliette:
max_temp: 21
climate.salle_de_bain_etage:
max_temp: 23
climate.cuisine_living_salon_zone_8:
max_temp: 23
number.cuisine_living_salon_zone_8:
** value: 90**

i haven’t found any integration of fermax - but haven’t found an API to implement such either… Maybe that’s coming up in a next release :slight_smile:

The difference is that this ‘number’ is a state, and the rest is an attribute. Most likely that’s why… The default timer should be sticky though, so you should only need to set it once.
But I get you’re point, and from a user perspective, it probably makes more sense to have this as another attribute. I’ll have to dig a bit deeper into this to figure out a better way to implement this… If I could get notified when an attribute changes, that would be easiest. But so far I haven’t figured out a way of doing that… I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

hi all,

small update: i’ve added a service (dobiss.turn_on) that allows the delayon and delayoff parameters from dobiss NXT to be used. This service can be used on lights and switches:

It’s a small feature that was added, but with it, I now have the framework in place to add other services as needed…

great news, because I needed to do it but i did it with a workaround
turn on and and automation to turn off after a delay with condition on the light (from off to on)…

i’m trying with a delayoff value at 300 (for 5 minutes) and it seems don’t work… is it limited in second only ?

good catch - I did indeed only allow seconds, which is limited to 120. Now it’s supporting minutes as well, so anything above 120 seconds is rounded to the nearest minute, up to 120 minutes.

The latest update of the NXT server (2.40) supports longer delays, but the api is not yet documented… Will update when that is available…

wonderful !

I will try asap…
indeed, i’m using beta version 2.31-9 including longer delays, but it’s not urgent :wink:

thank you and have a nice week-end