Dobiss NXT support

Great news: Dobiss NXT now supports the fluvius smart energy meters:
https://support.dobiss.com/books/nl-dobiss-nxt/page/koppeling-met-digitale-meter-fluvius

It does require you to get a dongle to connect to the P1 port. However, those that already have something connected to that P1 port, might want to look into the script I’ve created:

It allows you to use your existing P1 connection, and consumes the data coming from either a dsmr-reader server, or Home Assistant directly, and serves it in a form that Dobiss NXT expects it to be. I’ve created a docker as well that allows you to easily run this - info is on that github page as well.

Thanks @tvds for testing!

Let me know if you have any issues or questions around this!

1 Like

Hi kester,

how are you … it’s long time ago :wink:

I made some update (HA and dobiss) and now I have connection problem from HA to dobiss … I unistall the package dobiss and install again but it doesn’t work… I use the same IP and same API key as before, but I have a message “invalid authentication” …

do you have an idea ? can you help me ?

thans a lot,

jean-pierre

more info :slight_smile:
problem appears after this step :

if I come back after a restore of HA to version 2021.9.7 everything works again

jean-pierre

Hi @bosjp - yes, I’ve seen the same. The dev version is already updated. I will create a new release shortly, but if you want, you can reinstall the integration through hacs and select the dev version now already. Apologise for the inconveniences, it looks like the jwt library changed it’s api, or maybe I’ve been using it incorrectly all along.

Hi kester,

many thanks for your quick reaction …
don’t worry, it’s much appreciate if you make correction
nobody can blame you with your wonderful work

thanks a lot,

jean-pierre

I’ve pushed release v1.3 now, which has that fix included. Enjoy!

Thanks @kester for your continuous support!

Has anyone a view on the roadmap for dobiss NXT?
I see in the status config of on my NXT a service “phoscon” which is not started …

Seems to be related to zigbee? :scream:
But I guess that would be to nice to be true :slight_smile:

I’ve seen that as well, but no idea what the plan/roadmap is…

Probably related to a conbee USB stick to support ZigBee devices

Let’s hope :grin:
However I don’t think there is a usb connection on the NXT.

can also be a serial interface

NXT version 3.0 is available.

Zigbee support :star_struck:

We already have that in HA :slight_smile:

I’ll be testing the 3.0 version withy HA integration shortly. If someone has tried it, let me know if course. I dont expect any issue as the API hasn’t changed apparently, but I’d like to test first…

I’ve just tested dobiss NXT 3.0, and the HA integration works fine with it.

Hi
Someone i know has his energy meter connected to his dobiss.
Is it possible to push entities to HA too , so he can use the energy dashboard?
Or should he connect his energy meter directly to HA instead of his dobiss?
I also see you have this https://github.com/kesteraernoudt/p1dobiss

So not sure

Whats the best way too , instal the dsmr reader addon in HA of use the HA integration
Benefits for both ways?

The energy data is not exposed in the API (unless there is a non-documented way of doing this). So if you want the data in HA, you should connect the P1 datalogger directly in HA (or through dsmr reader) and then you could use that p1dobiss tool to connect this data to your dobiss NXT server.

What would you advise?
Connect it to dobiss , and do what?
Connect it to HA directly
Connect it to HA through dsmrreader

What do you mean with use p1dobiss tool to connect data to nxt server?

If you don’t connect the P1 datalogger directly do dobiss, but still want to have that data in the dobiss dashboard, you can use the p1dobiss tool to get this.

My advise at this point would be to connect the energy meter to HA directly, which will allow you to easily set up the energy dashboard, and then to run that p1dobiss tool to also have the data made available for dobiss…

1 Like