Docker: can't upgrade past 2021.6.6

I’m currently stuck on HA Version 2021.6.6 on one of my installs, and I can’t even figure out how to troubleshoot the problem because it seems like it is just stuck restarting the docker container. I’ve not been using docker long, so I don’t know what steps to take to see information about the startup process before the interface becomes accessible. I’ve tried upgrading to multiple subsequent versions and none seem to work. Hardware is a raspberry pi 4.

Do you use docker compose ? If yes please show it
If not, please give the line you use

As you’re not very familiar with docker, maybe first describe the procedure you apply for upgrading, then what brings you to the conclusion that “it is stuck”.

So my upgrade procedure is to first stop the current container and remove it, then pull the latest image, then run:

docker stop home-assistant
docker container rm home-assistant
docker pull homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:stable
docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=Australia/Brisbane" -v /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant:/config --net=host --restart=always homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:stable

So normally that’s all I need to do. I wait a few minutes and everything is up and running. Now, however, it is clearly not starting up. Attempts to access the UI just give me a “This site can’t be reached … refused to connect” error.

So this is really my question - how do I trouble-shoot this? There’s nothing in the home assistant log file - I guess it’s failing to even get to that point. So I want to know how I can see what’s happening behind the scenes and where this is failing. Back when I was using virtual environment instead of docker, I could use the “systemctl status homeassistant…” command to see what was going on.

Okay, don’t know why I couldn’t find this before. The answer was the “docker logs” command. This led me to this key error:

Fatal Python error: init_interp_main: can't initialize time

A google search for that led me to the answer here: Migration to 2021.7 fails: Fatal Python error: init_interp_main: can't initialize time - #10 by sReggy