Docker image version update schedule

Hello! I’m a HA noob - been using it a few weeks now.

I have HA installed as docker container (on raspberry pi 4)

Everything is running fine - I’ve a Zigbee dongle plus with extender cable on one USB port, and a SSD on another, and a 6A power supply.

I have approx 12 Zigbee devices, and some local Tuya wifi sockets and bulbs, all from a good mix of manufacturers. I have a dozen or so automations so far and everything is running well. I’m a noob, but I’ve been really impressed with the whole system and how smoothly its running, especially how devices from different vendors are all working together seamlessly

However, I’ve been looking at making some modifications, but i’m increasingly coming across issues where the integration is built against a newer version of HA, which confused me at first, because I only installed it a few weeks ago e.g.

I took a look at the images on Dockerhub, and I see a lot of the docker images are 7 months older than the current HA release

I know its an open source project, and there is no obligation on anyone to update these, but I was wondering is there an update schedule for the docker images e.g. do they follow the main release after x months or is it more of a “whenever someone gets around to it” approach, or how does this work?

That image will no longer get any updates as described here https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2023/07/05/release-20237/#backward-incompatible-changes

Aha, thank you, that explains that. I missed that post. I went for the rpi docker image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant as I had installation errors (something about armv7 maybe, I can’t remember now) with the multi-platform one homeassistant/home-assistant:stable and I assumed I needed the rp4 specific image. I’ll try again with the multi-platform image and see where I get. Thanks for your reply @ludeeus