Docker Update

Hi,

I am trying to update my Homeassistant, which is running on a docker container on my raspberry pi 4.
I’ve:

Stopped the docker container
sudo docker stop home-assistant-pi

Removed the Docker image
sudo docker rm home-assistant-pi

Verified that nothing is running and listing all the containers:

sudo docker ps
sudo docker container ls -a

Pulled the latest version:
sudo docker pull homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest

Started the docker container
sudo docker start home-assistant-pi

Unfortunately, the version hasn’t changed, my homeassistant is still running on version 0.98.5
What am I missing?

Thanks.

Add --no-cache
This ignores local and pulls latest.

Also consider portainer for docker management.
A little easier

--no-cache on?

sudo docker pull --no-cache homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest

sudo docker pull --no-cache homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest

unknown flag: --no-cache
See ‘docker pull --help’.

Try
sudo docker build --no-cache homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest

Nope, doesn’t work :confused:

sudo docker build --no-cache homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest
unable to prepare context: path "homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest" not found

sorry I giving bad info

I check docker documentation and it appear “docker pull” always pull latest image from repository
that said, not sure why “latest” not update your version. I do not use “latest” image and always pull by version.

sudo docker pull homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.100.3

Then I update container to use this new image

So far, you’ve pulled images by their name (and “tag”). Using names and tags is a convenient way to work with images. When using tags, you can  `docker pull`  an image again to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of that image. For example,  `docker pull ubuntu:14.04`  pulls the latest version of the Ubuntu 14.04 image.

In some cases you don’t want images to be updated to newer versions, but prefer to use a fixed version of an image. Docker enables you to pull an image by its  *digest* . When pulling an image by digest, you specify  *exactly*  which version of an image to pull. Doing so, allows you to “pin” an image to that version, and guarantee that the image you’re using is always the same.

Thanks @tmjpugh, I actually installed docker-compose and works 10x better than before, been able to pull the latest version with it so all good!