Does anyone succesfully use Home Assistant and Zwave?

It’s brutal, soooo jangy. Some things connect but most don’t. Some sort of connect but won’t completely “interview”, they show up but are essentially dead. I’m giving up and going back to OpenHab, which is not perfect either but it mostly worked there.

Well, thanks for letting us know, but what are we supposed to do with this information?

Strange solution when something is not working… going back to something that ‘mostly worked fine’.
If you would have posted your problem you might get help and discover something new.

1 Like

What kind of hardware do you use? What z-wave integration did you choose? Did you place an extension cord for your USB device to avoid interference with USB3 signals, did you pick an USB2 port to avoid that even more? How many router devices do you have, did you build the mesh inside out, starting with the router devices? What security are your z-wave devices on, did you try without for non critical devices… If Aeotec gen 5 stick on PI4, have you tries to put a usb hub between to avoid incompatibility issues that some experience? So many questions that could help build a stable mesh.

But to answer yours: yes. Rock solid. Aeotec Gen5+ on usb extension cord (through usb-hub), using zwave2mqtt on pi4. Mostly Fibaro included without security because S0 security is not that great. About 60 devices, more than half is router, across three floors and reaching out into the garden shed too. Associations set up between all button remotes and lights to avoid Ha being a single point of faillure. Instant response, also for buttons that rely on automations.

2 Likes

Rock solid Z-wave here. But you are on the way out here, so you won’t be hearing this anymore, I guess. As I don’t want to shout, just silently :wave:

Good luck on your journey :wink:

Yup same here, rock solid. Switched from Homey to zwavejs running inside a docker container with a Aeotec Gen5+ stick. Super fast (more responsive than with my Homey) and no issues at all.

1 Like

Sayonara!, :wave:

Awesome! :roll_eyes:

You joined the forum 2 hours ago just to make a first post to tell us how how bad zwave is (not even HA itself) and that you are leaving and going back to (apparently) where you were before trying HA.

what the F%^$ was the point of leaving OH if it is good enough to go back to after trying one thing and failing? especially with an integration that countless others (including me) have no issues with? there had to be SOME reason you left OH and wanted to try HA. :man_shrugging:

sounds like user error and trying to put blame onto something other than yourself.

If you would have just copied your topic title into the post you likely would have gotten help with YOUR issue. But instead you just joined to complain and to tell us that you are now leaving HA.

Just an FYI, and this may come as surprise to you, but NO ONE CARES.

Again, awesome.

With this kind of approach and language…best you go elsewhere

are you talking to me?

No and partially… a mix of things…I donot believe the op and this response are correct

Then I guess it’s a good thing that we can all share our opinions and disagree…at least partially… :wink:

Closing as this is a flounce post and not a request for help or information.