Does Google Coral work with Intel NUC on HaOS (for Frigate)?

Hey guys,

Hoping i can get some help here.

I have a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini with a Intel 6500T and 16GB RAM.
I also have a Coral Mini PCIe M.2 Accelerator A/E.
Running HassOS with Frigate.
Everything works, but i get inference speeds at about 20. I have read on several places that i should be able to get about 8 to 10 in inference speeds.
Anyone that might have some tips about this?
I know its still alot better then what a CPU can do, but its so annoying to not get the speeds to 10.

Did you get anywhere with this? I was about to do the same with exactly the same machine and was looking to see whether it would work…

Just curios. Did it work in the M.2 storage slot or M.2 slot for Wifi?

It works in both, as long as you have the correct key.
You need to check what key is on your motherboard and buy the correct PCIe coral for it.

• M.2 (A+E key) form factor
  • M.2 (B+M key) form factor

In my case, my Nuc has a wifi M2/E slot. It is unclear whether it would be possible to use the TPU M2/A+E since both formats may be incompatible. If it is not compatible, could I use the TPU Dual Edge M2/E instead? I assume that only one TPU would be usable in this case.

I’m trying a B+M keyed in a Dell Optiplex 3050. Whenever I tried to boot HaOS, the sequence gives an error “failed to start wait until kernel time synchronized” and never shows up on the network. If I remove the TPU, everything boots as usual.

A tech with the Coral team could not help, but asked if the driver is installed by HaOS. I don’t know how to answer.

BIOS shows the device as “Unclassified”.

Look here

Hi Pete,

I received the Coral TPU M2 today. Do I need to install any drivers or change any configuration in the BIOS? I have a NUC11 with a Celeron processor and HA OS installed and the TPU is connected to the port where the WiFi module was previously connected
During the first boot, I lost the LAN connection, so I entered the BIOS and disabled the WiFi.

Regards,

The problem may be related to the operating system. When I replaced the WiFi module with the Coral TPU PCI, the Ethernet connection was lost. In the CLI, I entered the “net info” command and the interface changed from “eno1” to “enp3s0”, but it appears as disabled. I’m not sure if the “enp3s0” interface refers to the wired interface that I’m using, or to the TPU which is misinterpreting it as a network card.

Where? y configuration.yaml ?