Does HAOS provide support for Raspberry Pi 4B running at 1.8 GHz?

I just bought a Raspberry Pi4B with 8 GB of RAM. Apparently, this is an “updated” version of the RPi that can be run at 1.8 GHz (instead of 1.5 GHz) in turbo mode.

You can recognize the board that supports the higher speed by looking for dedicated switch-mode power supply (“switcher”) for the SoC core voltage rail.

Seems like there is also a new revision of the SoC that changes from Rev B0 to Rev C0 (BCM2711C0) but it is unclear whether or not you need to have this revision to be able to use higher clock speed?

There is a new version of the Raspberry Pi OS called Bullseye that exploits this increased speed.

My question is: Does Home assistant OS supports running RPi 4B at 1.8 GHz?

What do you mean by "support’?
HA(OS) is a software application, it doesn’t care about the clock speed…

Not sure what OS is supposed to do to bump the clock speed but if you look at the article referenced above only latest version of Raspberry OS (Bullseye) supports 1.8 GHz?

To manually replicate the new operating point on an older board, just add the following line to your config.txt file:

arm_freq=1800

HA OS still uses config.txt, so that should work.

1 Like

From what I understand the new version of the OS automatically tests the presence of the switcher and if found set the freq to 1.8
This is why I was asking if this behavior is or will be done in HAOS

But it is interesting to know that HAOS will use arm_freq if set. Thanks