Dominator garage door connecting to Home Assistant - New Zealand

Welcome kiwi. Chch here.

Anything Kiwi from the 03 here :)… just heard from Dominator and they have confirmed you can hardwire a push button switch (or dry contact relay like the Shelly) across the OSC/GND terminals inside the opener to manually open/close the door.

Yeah I worked that out with a short bit of wire, and it is in the manual too!

O/S/C is used for the connection of a wired switch (momentary contact). This switch can then be used to open, stop or close the door. Install the wall switch in a location where the switch is out of reach of children and the garage door is visible.

Thanks guys! Came across this thread just after having been quoted NZD700 for a wifi modeule for my Dominator garage door opener.
Just tried my custom-made OpenGarage module and it worked once connected to the oV/OSC pins…
I guess I just saved myself a bunch of $$
Cheers!

I have found the Shelly Uni pretty good for this.

Hi guys.

Kiwi in Chch here too.

Where are you all getting your Shelly’s from? I have purchased a number from AliExpress in the past but they take a month or more to arrive and it really takes the drive out of the project having to wait so long. Local prices tend to be in the $40+ range and that’s way way more than overseas costs.

I’m looking at adding an electric opener to the gate and also adding a Shelly Plus 1 to the garage door opener too. Also want a bunch more Shelly PMs to add to further light switches around the house.

Cheers.

I just buy from Ali and wait. (The 17track integration gives me some idea of where any item is.)

I have bought some direct from Shelly’s website, but don’t expect them any quicker IIRC.

There is also an Australian site (maybe two) that sell some Shelly stuff.

PS we might have enough to dorm a local user group :slight_smile:

Old post I know but I am in the same situation, I have a NZ Dominator Cobra and am looking to run it off off a Shelly device, connected to the manual switch terminals (OSC+COM).

I assume this Terminal area is behind the learn button panel?

My Question is this:

Most commercial units have additional sensors which advise whether the door is actually open or closed to start with. Has anyone either integrated these with the Shelly units at all or have ideas for a separate sensor system?

ta

k.

See below on PE Beams which is a separate item:

*One thing since 01Dec20 is you ALSO need the PE beam (can get from Mitre10). *
Thankfully the Cobra has a couple of terminals for that as well, the COM/PE onesas shown below.

Safety Beams Compulsory When Paired with Smartphone-Controlled Openers from 1st December, 2020

The change in AS/NZS 60335.2.92:2012 Amendment 2:2018 addresses the hazard of unattended closing of a garage door when using your smartphone away from home.

This change requires that all new installations of smartphone-controlled openers have a safety beam installed from the 1st Dec 2020.

https://www.standards.govt.nz/shop/asnzs-60335-2-22018-includes-iec-text/
NOW
https://www.standards.govt.nz/shop/asnzs-60335-2-22020-includes-iec-text/
Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010 (SR 2010/36) (as at 18 July 2022) 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – New Zealand Legislation

Cobra_OpenDoor

Most common separate sensor is a magnetic one.

1 Like

I’ve submitted a feature request for it. I have a DSO 3 opener. If you have the same, please go to the feature request and vote for it