I have just created an account here, I am an engineer, so hardware and software is not too strange to me But i am a bit older and also cannot spend al of my time towards a home automation system, at a certain point in time it should basically work.
Maybe you can help me with what I want to do:
- I am writting from a Linux Mint machine, means I have some experience with Linux
- I am using Domoticz on Raspberry since 5 years.
- I wrote a handful of scripts with help from the internet, Python, Lua, etc…all provided by Domoticz
- my home is a bit mixed up with Philips Hue, Xiaomi gateway, Ikea Tadfri, EspEasy, Z-Wave, Netatmo, etc.
Why do I want to change:
- my domoticz instance is 2 years old an i need to update everything (with Z wave that’s not so easy due to a new openzwave version)
- and I am open for some new experience e.g. integrating my Tesla.
what do I need:
- do you recommend changing my complete infrastructure, or better changing the controller of my infrastructure?
- is it possible without spending 10 days of my vacation…or is it possible to do it during my home office
- very important and very special: does the Z wave stick work with the stored configuration or do I need to lstore all Z Wave devices again?
- does ESP Easy work with Home Assitant (espeasy has domoticz built in) I assume I can use MQTT anyway
- is it possible to make a http call to any of the switches like its been done in Domoticz.
Is there anyone who already changed from Domoticz to Home Assitant?
Many thanks for some help of you guys…
PS maybe its god to know, that I am using several Raspis in my house for : OpenWB, Unifi Controller, NodeRed, etc.