Door sensor configuration with time/light

i’m running HA on a RPi3
time_zone: Europe/Amsterdam (config.yaml)

And is the time zone setting in the environment HA is running in (Docker, Raspbian, whatever) also set to that time zone? And is the clock right?

I guess another way of asking is, do you have any automations with time/at triggers, and if so, do they trigger at the correct time?

If you have a condition that says the automation actions can only run during a specific time period, yet they’re running outside that time period, it seems to indicate something wrong with the time and time zone settings in your system and/or HA.

I don’t have any docker installed, or raspbian…just plain HA

But HA is running in an environment of some sort, even if it’s just the Linux/Windows/whatever OS. I’m asking if the time zone setting in that environment matches the time zone setting in HA. (FYI, Raspbian is the flavor of Linux that is run on a RPi.)

i couldn’t reach my RPi from putty, so i installed the ssh add-on and when i asked for the date it gave me the right time. maybe i have to change my timezone in the configuration file to CET (central european time)?

You say it gave you the right time, but was it the right time zone?

E.g., if you run this command:

timedatectl status

What does it say?

timedatectl is a invalid command in SSH&webterminal?
date says the correct time and correct timezone (CET)

Let’s try this another way. I had asked:

The reason I’m asking all these questions about time zone settings is, if HA is configured to one time zone, but the environment in which it is running is set to a different time zone, then even if the system clock is set to the right local time, some things might not work correctly. This is a fairly basic thing that needs to be correct.

You’re saying you have a condition that should only allow the actions of an automation to run during a specific time period, yet it runs during other time periods. That is an indication that something concerning time is not set correctly. It could be the clock, the time zone setting in HA, and/or the time zone setting in the environment in which HA is running.

i understand what you’re saying and why, but can you tell my how to check my timezone in the environment of the RPi? i can’t acces it trough putty for some reason (it won’t find my (correct) ip adress)…
if i check trough the SSH add-on the timezone is correct, on my PC it’s correct (if it matters)

I read an other post about the /etc/systemd/system/[email protected]. but can’t find that either

sarting to lose confidence in myself, not sorting this out…

I’m guessing you’re using hassio, yes? If so, I really can’t help you. I don’t use that and I don’t know how it affects the environment in which HA runs.