Door/window sensors dropping off ZHA network

Hi,

I am hoping someone could help explain something to me.

TL;DR

What does this mean?
The Binging & reporting are Green but IasZone and PowerConfiguration have orange failed icons

For those who can help explain why it drops off:

My instance of Home Assistant uses ZHA via a SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus

Recently I added a SONOFF SNZB-04 - ZigBee Wireless door/window sensor reed switch to the Zigbee network. The Two devices (the Dongle and the Reed switch sensor) are at most 3m from each other, and there are other Zigbee routers (plugs) within 10m.

But for some reason the door/window sensor dropped off the network and 72 hours later it had still not reconnected, a reconfiguration didn’t seem to help, so I completely removed it from ZHA and re-added it via the Zigbee USB Dongle.

At the moment it still works.

I have had issues with another two of these SNZB-04 sensors where they also drop off the network and they should be connected via an IKEA Tradfri signal repeater.

When rebinding the same table & contents appear.

My confusion is why are they dropping off, what do the Orange Failed Icon areas mean and are there any better door/window sensors I should be using rather than the Sonoff SNZB-04 sensors?

Cheers,

Mike

Those Sonoff sensors are known to drop off the network due to the firmware. Almost all sensors are better. Most widely recommended are the Aqara Zigbee 3.0 ones

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I’ll look at getting some of the Aqara Zigbee 3.0 door/window sensors in the future.

But to satisfy my curiosity; IasZone, PowerConfiguration, battery_voltage, batter_percentage_remaining, and the device reconfiguration failed alert all have the orange_x

Is this nothing to worry about?

Thanks!