Doorbell Recommendations

What has been unreliable about your reolink? Were you using the PoE doorbell or the wifi?

1 Like

I had the same issues and Reolink sent me a new replacement but I’m having the same issue. It has to be an issue on their hardware. I replaced my doorbell transformer for a more powerful one at their request but that didn’t help. Mine loses power most of the time when someone pushes the doorbell button and even sometimes when it recognizes a person. Almost to the point of replacing with a simple smart button and having a reliable camera up above.

Same issue for you @IanScottMoyes ?

That’s bizarre! Almost seems to me like the wiring from transformer to Reolink has high resistance and under low load is fine but under higher load it can’t deliver the current. I would check basics by disconnecting the wires at the transformer and the Reolink, short circuit the two wires at either the transformer end or the Reolink end and then check the loop resistance at the other (open) end. It should be almost zero. If it is then perhaps the 120V supply to the transformer is restricted for some reason. With everything reconnected, attach a voltmeter to the transformer secondary output and have someone press the doorbell button while you watch the transformer output voltage…it should drop very little, if any. If it does drop then the transformer cannot supply the current being requested at the same voltage and I’d try connecting the transformer temporarily to an alternate mains power source as a test.