Doorbell Recommendations

Bumped a year old thread to call someone out. facepalm

5 Likes

Well I was looking for the same thing OP was, and there it was…just calling to me. Calling OPs post pointless when OPs post was the very first result when I was searching for help.

1 Like

yet your post was pointless.

2 Likes

So your second post here is just to rip someone out. Good going, you’re gonna be a popular guy.

4 Likes

Never said my post wasn’t chief. Not going for popularity, looking for solid info. Which was provided because OP asked a question.

1 Like

Ouch, that hurt. Thanks for the wake up call.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed the sudden flurry of cheap (like sub GBP£30) video doorbells that have appeared on eBay in the past week or two? Anyone have any positive experience with any of these?

You got a link?

No. Try “smart doorbell” into eBay. There’s tonnes of them.

How unhelpful of you. We need more unhelpful people asking for reviews on products located by ill defined searches.

1 Like

On the subject if people not being helpful…

I’m sorry you became confused.

I didn’t ask for a review of a product. I asked if anyone had any experience with cheap Chinese doorbells.

As you, clearly, don’t; my message is not for you.

No need to get harrumphy, just don’t respond.

1 Like

I agree with Nickrout, you could be more specific…
Having a ton of cheap cameras doesn’t mean they all work equally…

I use a cheap Anran, and so far it works great…

3 Likes

Time flies. Another video doorbell with HACS integration This is the ULTIMATE Video Doorbell that we've all been waiting for! - YouTube

The irony here is I was googling “Doorbell compatible with home assistant” and this is the first result Google presents. By your standard, I would have had to keep searching.

1 Like

+1 on DLVNV’s post, I’ve had my sights on a doorbell for some time but have been turned off by the lack of AC power at my door. I’m at a point where I’m willing to look past the short comings of a battery powered doorbell, the bigger problem is how to decide which device will most easily integrate in home assistant and provide the best functionality, I was hoping there would be a thread where people have already run this to ground, but all I’m finding is this thread which is quite dated in the world of smart home devices. Even if someone could point to a newer comparison of devices and their integration into home assistant, that would help a ton, I’ve not been able to find it.

1 Like

just chiming (hurhur) in here to say I went for the reolink doorbell, have managed to get it into home assistant, and am using its person recognition to automate an ikea bulb in the front door light. So very happy with that, would recommend, though haven’t had a video doorbell before so no real points of comparison. My home assistant proficiency level is probably: below average.

4 Likes

My AD110 just died because it filled with water after just one week of Oregon rain.

Based on more up-to-date research, I went for a Reolink with a shroud (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSBTNRKJ) and I am very impressed. The Reolink integration is much much nicer than the Dashua one. The shroud does limit the field of view a little but it is worth it.

1 Like

Thank you @rob_a

I’d second the recommendation of the Reolink, from the standpoint of the quality of the HA integration, the flexibility of interfacing. However, I had problems integrating it with Frigate (solved now) and it has “unpowered” itself several times and lost WiFi signal, and settings, several times too. I wish I’d gone for the POE version and faced the disruption of cutting some holes in the ceiling. All that said, when it works, it works very well.

I’ve literally gone through 4 of the wired WIFI Reolink doorbells and have finally given up. They have been consistently unreliable for me. I have several other Reolink cameras, wifi and poe, and have little to no problems with them. If you plan to stream 24/7 I would NOT recommend the Reolink Doorbell.