Downgrade core on HA OS

please… could someone please tell me how to rollback core and supervisor back to 2021.4.6, which I think is the last version before significant changes were made to lights. I lost the ability to control color temperature with the switches and blueprint that were working fine for last 6 months. I am running whiskerz007 proxmox script which I am pretty sure means I’m running Home Assistant OS. thanks for any help.

Core downgrade:

ha core update --version x.y.z

There’s no point downgrading the supervisor, it will auto upgrade after a while, but if you want to:

ha supervisor update --version x.y.z
1 Like

this is my results…

~ $ ha core update --version 2021.4.6
Processing... Done.

Error: Unknown error, see supervisor
~ $ ha supervisor update --version 2021.4.6
Processing... Done.

Error: No supervisor update available - 2021.06.3

There is no supervisor 2021.4.6 release.

I thought I knew what I was doing, but evidently I don’t. I am trying to rollback before the major changes to lights where I lost temperature control.

and was going by this…

That appears to be a core version. The supervisor has its own release numbering.

yes it is, but isn’t that what I’m trying to downgrade?

I don’t know, you asked for both.

I’m also interested in how you think changes to the light domain (which there actually haven’t been any that I know of) can affect a temperature sensor.

This makes no sense.

thanks for continuing to be interested in my problem. I appreciate it! I have a blueprint that was using color temperature in mireds to change color temperature using my lohas bulbs connected through ESPHome and Ikea 5 button switches to turn lights on and off, dim / brightness and warm / cool color temp.

first troubleshooting I did was to try to call service color temp when it stopped working. the rest of the functions work so RGBW color picker, on / off and dimming are still working. I lost color temp, I think after the 221.5.0 update.

Does kelvin work?

Also the light attributes will be in developer tools/states. Click on the entity name and the attributes will appear ip top.

No, Kelvin doesn’t work either. Here is the attributes…

supported_color_modes:
  - hs
  - rgbw
color_mode: rgbw
brightness: 204
hs_color:
rgb_color:
rgbw_color:
xy_color:
white_value: 117
friendly_name: Dining Room 1
supported_features: 185

but it did work before. can I add or change supported color modes, or was something converting it in the background for me before?

I am a bit lost by color modes. But it is the shift to this in 2021.5 that I am sure is behind it.

Out of interest what is your esphome configuration?

I wouldn’t be surprised to find the answer to my earlier question about adding supported color modes in this code. I am more of a youtube video / copy - paste smart home expert, lol

I wish I could find some help with this, or that I knew how to troubleshoot scripts and integrations. I don’t know where else to turn for help, which can make HA frustrating at times. It’s all well and good when things work, but too far over my head when they don’t and it’s difficult to find help.

Have you been to github or discord?

home assistant GitHub or discord? I am on ha discord but the last time I asked there, I was scolded pretty quickly for the way I asked, posting images, and then ignored.

also, I have the disadvantage of not knowing if this is a core, supervisor, or ESPHome issue that broke it, but as I said earlier, my suspicion is HA core.

Hopefully learned your lesson then.

are you a volunteer or do you get paid to be abusive to people here?

How is that abusive?

1 Like

Use hs_color

"A list containing two floats representing the hue and saturation of the color you want the light to be.

Hue is scaled 0-360, and saturation is scaled 0-100."

edit: Or you could probably also use;
white_value: 117 and brightness: 204 from your config above.