Solved: Downgrading to or fresh install older version of HASS.IO

Hi
I would like to do a fresh install of 0.92.2 or 0.91.4 in order to be able to run a custom component that dont run anymore in 0.93.
I have tried to install the lastest image and the downgrade with
hassio homeassistant update --version=0.92.2

But unfortuantly this reslut in “404 Not found” error message after downgrade, I have tried with meny different versions.

Where can I find older images files for the Pi3B+ with older home assistants or can I configure a headless install of a specific version when doing a fresh install?

According to another thread this should work,

hassio homeassistant update --options “version=0.92.2”

FYI, I recently downgraded my venv installation to 0.90.2. That has been the most stable for me but I think that was when Ingress was introduced for Hassio addons.

Thanks to How to install Hassio specific version (includes downgrade)

That do not work from 0.93.2, but hassio homeassistant update --version=0.92.2 starts a downgrade, but results in a “404 Not found” scenario.
So any other ideas how to solve this? Maybe try with and old resinos version, but I cant find any of those image files either,

core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant update --options “version=0.90.2”
Error: unknown flag: --options
Usage:
  hassio homeassistant update [flags]

Aliases:
  update, up

Flags:
  -h, --help             help for update
      --version string   Version to update to

Global Flags:
      --api-token string   Hass.io API token
      --config string      config file (default is $HOME/.homeassistant.yaml)
      --endpoint string    Endpoint for Hass.io Supervisor ( default is 'hassio' )
      --log-level string   Log level defaults to Warn
      --raw-json           Output raw JSON from the API

FATA[0000] Error while executing rootCmd: unknown flag: --options

They likely removed their old Docker images then. I doubt you want to build from source.

It seems to be here…
https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant/tags?page=1

Is home assistant build into the hassos imagefiles here ( https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/releases ) or is home assistant downloaded when I start the Pi with the freshly burned image? If home assistant is downloaded, can I force the initial download of home assistant to an older version?

You should be able to downgrade using:

hassio ha update --version=0.92.2

I have done this syntax before.

Yes I know that I should be able to do that, but after downgrade and restart I end up in “404 Not found” message in the browser. If I have a snapshot I can via ssh restore the 0.93.2 and get back to the gui. This is regardless of hassos version and what version I downgrade to.

I am stuck : (

I don’t understand what you mean here. When the update command finishes it restarts automatically… are you saying then you can’t access the web interface? Can you ssh into the host? What does hassio ha info then tell you?

If an upgrade fails it will reload the last successful version automatically. Have you tried a different version? What is the custom component you are having a problem with?

Directly after a fresh install (only added ssh, and made a snapshot)
I dowgraded to 0.90.2 with hassio ha update --version=0.90.2

when its done and I reload the page I see this:

The custom component is this one: https://github.com/CrientClash/homeassistant
A alarm component that the owner has abandoned, I think its the structure of the component that is no longer supported in newer versions of home assistant.

Log file catches this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 153, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/onboarding/init.py”, line 22, in async_setup
data = await store.async_load()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/storage.py”, line 81, in async_load
return await self._load_task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/storage.py”, line 104, in _async_load
data[‘version’], data[‘data’])
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/storage.py”, line 197, in _async_migrate_func
raise NotImplementedError
NotImplementedError
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of frontend. Setup failed for dependencies: onboarding
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for frontend: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of panel_custom. Setup failed for dependencies: frontend
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for panel_custom: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of logbook. Setup failed for dependencies: frontend
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for logbook: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of map. Setup failed for dependencies: frontend
2019-05-26 14:01:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for map: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-05-26 14:01:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of hassio. Setup failed for dependencies: panel_custom
2019-05-26 14:01:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for hassio: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-05-26 14:01:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: frontend, logbook, map
2019-05-26 14:01:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for default_config: Could not set up all dependencies.

Have you tried renaming the files and creating the folders to follow the new custom component conventions? It’s probably quite fixable if yu were to do that…

I tried that, but if I rename the file in sensor folder to “sensor.yaml” and put it in the visonicalarm folder, as suggested from new rules. I tried many variants but no success.

Update: I succesfully managed to go from 0.93.2 to 0.93.1, and then from 0.93.1 to 0.93.0.

Now trying to go from 0.93.0 to 0.92.2… lest see if a step wise approach will work…

Going to 0.92.2 crashed the system again “404 Not found”.
Seems that there are a seriuos backwards incompatibility that makes any downgrade from 0.93.x fail…

Try going to 0.92.1

Added 0.92.1 to the list, another fail.

I manged to get a screenshot before the gui died after the downgrade… see below.

I have tried to going to: (from 0.93.2)
0.93.1: works
0.93.0: works
0.92.2: fails
0.92.1: fails
0.90.0: fails
0.88.0: fails
0.87.0: fails

Do you need to downgrade the Hassio Supervisor first before going below 0.93.0?

Interesting question, How do I see what supervisor revision belongs to which home assistant release?

I try to downgrade the supervisor with:
hassio su update --version=161 the update returns ok.
But after reboot I am back on current version 164. Do I need to do something in order for the supervisor udpate to stick?

At reboot, Hassos seems to remove the downgraded supervisor image, not applying it?

If try another supervisor cli command I get this error:

Post http://hassio/homeassistant/update: dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connect: connection refused

19-05-27 17:00:00 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.supervisor] Attach to Supervisor homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor with version 164
19-05-27 17:00:00 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.supervisor] Connect Supervisor to Hass.io Network
19-05-27 17:00:02 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [hassio.docker.interface] Cleanup images: [‘homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor:161’]
19-05-27 17:00:03 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Introspect org.freedesktop.systemd1 on /org/freedesktop/systemd1
19-05-27 17:00:03 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Connect to dbus: org.freedesktop.systemd1 - /org/freedesktop/systemd1
19-05-27 17:00:03 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Introspect org.freedesktop.hostname1 on /org/freedesktop/hostname1
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Connect to dbus: org.freedesktop.hostname1 - /org/freedesktop/hostname1
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Introspect de.pengutronix.rauc on /
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Connect to dbus: de.pengutronix.rauc - /
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.info] Update local host information
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.GetAll on /org/freedesktop/hostname1
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.services] Update service information
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.ListUnits on /org/freedesktop/systemd1
19-05-27 17:00:04 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.apparmor] Load AppArmor Profiles: {‘hassio-supervisor’}