Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Too time poor to promise anything atm im afraid.

2 Likes

Ooh. Hadnt looked at this for a while. Used to be ok but looks fab now with recent updates. Let me know how you get on with it. May move to this too. Just using tile card atm.

2 Likes

yes, it seems OK (I’m still on 2023.11.3), apart from one room getting duplicate devices, Once I removed the rouge ones everything is working fine.

1 Like

Totally understand. I think we all appreciate the work you do on the integration alone without taking on additional responsibilities. Thought it was just worth asking. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your other replies. I will hold off updating the integration for now then.

Thanks for the kind words.

I am now a pariah with the mods, not only on this but the mismanaged Ping integration move and specifically the ping device tracker.
It would be nice if the devs and the mods would just respond with their thought processes so we could hopefully understand and accommodate.

1 Like

I have not looked into forking the original stock card but I have found this.

Maybe worth some research?

1 Like

I also had a brief look at this but doesn’t it require the “Better Thermostat” integration behind it?
And if so would this work with Wiser?
TBH I didn’t look to closely because of this.
Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Mike

I might try and see if i can look at this I like a challenge, but I no ZERO Java, I mainly code in python, but I might be able to see the history between to 2 cards and maybe create a new card with best of both, the look of new card, but keep the fill area from the old one, and swap the Current Temp. with Target Temp.

I’ll see what can understand from it tomorrow, wish me luck…

1 Like

Unfortunately it does appear to need the Better Thermostat integration. A pity as I don’t really want to use that. I have already written a load of custom automations that deal with window open etc and am happy with how they work, plus I’d rather keep it in native automations and not add an additional layer of complexity.

I’ve had a look at trying to disect the source for the frontend to drop it in as a custom card, but didn’t get very far. I’ve popped a post on the release thread appealing for anyone that knows how to do this to please do so. Hopefully someone will pick up the mantle.

Good luck!

Has anyone written an automation or script that can:

1. Set all TRVs fully open
  2. boost / switch on all zones / rooms
  3. detect the sequence in which each rad heats up to determine the order that each rad is away from the flow feed

This is for the purpose of balancing and before I start writing my own I wondered if anybody else has already bee through this.

2 Likes

I have Insights+. It integrates a cloud connected IHD which reports usage to a service called Geo Together, which then makes it available to Wiser via an API (which you can also connect to other things). At the price, it is a good deal to get the IHD and API. In my opinion the Insights+ functionality in Wiser is not of huge interest - it doesn’t really do anything smart. If anything goes wrong with Insights+ (e.g. you don’t see any readings) Wiser and Geo Together are not very good at talking to each other, and waste a lot of time assuming that the IHD and/or smart meter is defective, wheras they have made some change to the API and not communicated it to each other. I’ve had this experiece twice in the last year, leading to months of missing data.

I also use Octopus Energy, and they have their own API which can be accessed through Home Assistant through a HACS integration. This now gets your usage data into the Energy dashboard more reliably than the Geo Together one. But HA seem to have stopped any development with the Energy dashboard after the initial song and dance, and it is also lacking anything smart.

The best tool I have seen is Octopus Watch, available on Android devices, which can tell you when to run different loads to get the best savings or reduce your carbon impact. It would be great if HA or Insights+ was capable of doing similar. Maybe in the future.

TLDR - Insights+ is reasonably priced but doesn’t add a whole lot. If you are an Octopus Energy customer, the HACS integration does the same thing for free.

Thanks for that, I have the Octopus Home mini, so i’ll just stick with that. I was assuming the Wiser App / Hub would use the gas data to better adjust the heating algorithms, but I guess not. Wiser really does need to step up their game here.

It gets to be an obsession after a while. I use the Wiser Home app, I use Insights+, I have just setup the Wiser integration in HA, I am also an Octopus Energy customer so i use the Octopus app with an Octopus Home Mini and i use the Octo-Aid app.

1 Like

I am having trouble saving changes to schedules. The Save button is either missing or if it is there, is disappears when pressed. leaving no way back but cancel. I am running version 3.4.0. I think the issue may go back before this. This happening on MS Edge and on the iPhone app. I deleted the card from the overview page and reinstalled it but this did not help. I have been assuming the schedule card gets updated with everything else in the integration. Is this correct ?

Just upgraded from v3.3.11 → v3.4.0. Everything has stopped and I’m getting an illegal header value exception. It looks like I’ve an extra space on the end. How do I fix this?

Yes this is correct. Tested this on edge (do not have iphone app) and cannot recreate. When you click save, it does grey out while saving and then should go back to display. Can you post a video of what younare seeing?

You can edit it in config/.storage/core.config_entries

EDIT:
Let me know if this is the issue and i will add a catch for this to stop it breaking integration.

That worked thanks.

Hi Mark I could not upload a link but here is a link to the video on my OneDrive

Recording 2023-12-11 204602.mp4

I have the same problem with it on an android tablet. as you will see on the video it disappears rather than greys out.