Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Hey all, thought its about time I contributed to the HA community. Ive recently moved to the Drayton Wiser Heating platform (from the Max!Cube stuff) and Ive written a Home Assistant Component .

Its probably best described as “beta” and available here https://github.com/asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform

My plan is to iron out some bugs, make the core library a PiPy package, and then submit it for including into Home Assistant.

Let me know what you think?Any bugs let me know (either here or in github)

thanks!!
Angelo

4 Likes

Nice one mate!
Add it to my HA and it works well.
Do you have any plans to keep development going?

Hey there,

yup, im due to fix a couple of bugs/limitations and the one enhancement req I want to implement is the the ability to set the temperature of devices…

if you can think of any other enhancements let me know by logging an issue on github

thanks again

I am very interested in ability to set the temperature. In my case - I have a iTRV in the Bedroom that looks like get warmed from the radiator so doesn’t track room temperature properly.
Idea I have in mind to control / boost heating based on the additional temperature sensors.
Thanks a lot for your work!

I got Wiser integrated to HA via Node-Red, really happy with the Wiser product, was good value for money.

1 Like

If you already have a older Drayton Thermostat then it very easy install. Just replace the backplate. I have this since last three months. Bought it on Amazon sale £99 the version Controls Water and Heat. Absolute bargain.

Oh, Nice.

Can you share the configuration manual on how to set similar to what you have on you screenshot?

The node-red setup is mostly documented here.

Polled values are read and published via Mosquitto MQTT, control from HA UI is done using the state changed node.
The HA UI was done in Lovelace.

Example of lovelace cards

- icon: mdi:mdi:radiator
    title: Heating
    background: center / cover no-repeat url("/local/Wiser.jpg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=750&w=1260") fixed
    cards:
        # Entities card will take a list of entities and show their state.
      - type: vertical-stack
        title: Lounge
        cards:
        - type: picture-glance
          title: Lounge
          image: /local/Lounge.jpg
          aspect_ratio: 16x9
          entities:
            - input_select.lounge_lighting_scene
            - switch.wifi_plug
            - switch.lounge_floor_lamp
            - binary_sensor.lounge_pir          
            - history_graph.lounge_heating            
        - type: entities
          entities:
            - input_number.lounge_boost_timer
            - type: custom:fold-entity-row
              head: sensor.lounge_room_temperature 
              items:
                - type: divider              
                - sensor.lounge_state
                - sensor.lounge_room_setpoint
                - sensor.lounge_room_percent_demand
                - sensor.lounge_room_window

- type: vertical-stack
        cards:
        - type: picture-glance
          title: Dining Room
          image: /local/DiningRoom.jpg
          aspect_ratio: 16x9
          entities: 
            - switch.dining_room_lamp
            - binary_sensor.dining_room_pir
            - history_graph.dining_room_heating           
        - type: entities
          entities:
            - input_number.dining_boost_timer
            - type: custom:fold-entity-row
              head: sensor.dining_room_temperature 
              items: 
                - sensor.dining_state
                - sensor.dining_room_setpoint
                - sensor.dining_room_percent_demand
                - sensor.dining_room_window
                - sensor.dining_room_heating_on_today
                - sensor.dining_battery
                - sensor.dining_voltage
                - sensor.dining_signal 
                - sensor.dining_rssi

@Angelo_Santagata

Was just revisiting this - have you implemented control of Wiser yet ?

If not is it still on the intended list ?

Hi there,

YES, I was busy doing some professional exams , and home DIY, but thats now settling down (passed the exams and DIY is never ending).

I was working with @conor to get his wiserAPI integrated (its already oin pypi) but its not working properly and someone commented it uses more CPU… I’ll investigate this at the first step and if i cant figure it out I’ll simply update my base code (i know how it works etc etc etc)…

Regardless I’ll have something out of the door in the next week or so…

Functionality I was going to implement is

• Setting Away/Home State
  • Setting TRV temperature

Not planning to create an api to set schedules etc etc, too complicated and not something I think that is needed.

Make sense?

Guys,

Im nearly finished this, is setting boost of interest?

Indeed it is…

In case anyone was wondering , yes I know the current impl of my Wiser for Home Assistant doesnt work with the latest HA… Im on hols and the internet wont let me VPN to home , also barely works for email/web :frowning: plan to fix it this weekend and finish off the “write” functionality…

Just thought Id let u know :slight_smile:

My code is fixed :slight_smile:

Is Home Assistant able to control other wiser products. Here in Australia they mainly use the Clipsal branding for their Wiser range and can control lighting and others

honestly I dont know… I think it would be a different binding for each wiser device

I believe that there was a firmware update to the TRV’s earlier this year to correct this issue of the measured temperature deviation from actual temperature.

I wouldn’t agree that it did. As I understand from the conversation with their Level 3 support- it does not completely measure it, as it is impossible to accurately measure temperature near the heat sources.
It basically have a model to calculate it.

I had to by Wireless thermostats for each and one of the rooms. When added to the room, they always override temperature measurements.

Originally I was correcting the heating via HA \ NodeRed, where routine was checking temperature from Xiaomi sensor and than boosting Valve it such temperature is less than configured in Wiser for this room.

That was working fine, but I have realised that I still need to use mobile to adjust the target what was not as convinient, so bought few additional Wireless Thermostats on eBay.

Now system work almost perfect.

I agree, I dont think the temperature in the Wiser valves is “scientifically” accurate… If you want it do what Mr.Vladis has done and use some xiaomi sensors (or deploy some esphome + temp sensors)…

Ive not done much/any development on this recently… basically it works does what it says on the tin… I just dont have the time to sort it out for inclusion in HA OOTB… Any volunteers to help?

Hello,
I am new to HA and have a wiser system installed in my house.
I would love to be able to control Wiser through HA.
However I am having difficulty with this.
How do I download/install your code into HA?
The repository in Github doesn’t seem to contain anything that I can integrate into HA.

What am I not understanding?