Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Glad it worked. And not to worry, it will def be fixed by start of next season. Also, how posh are you with heating in the garage! :grin:

3 Likes

got to keep his ā€œBabyā€ warm :smiley:

1 Like

Itā€™s a newish (five year old) house and the garage is integral to the house and consequently insulated. Unusual I know. :smile:

I live in a 1970ā€™s house with crap insulation, so I am getting my house Externally Insulated and Rendered next year, so hopefully this will be my last winter with costly GAS bills.

Nah! Youā€™ll just have a warmer house! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks will do

Announcing v3.3.10

Ok a new release has just been published with the following changes:

Fixes

• Fix an error causing the integration not to load if a passive mode room device goes offline (ie flat battery) (@robertwigley)
  • The relative modulation level on the opentherm sensor was displaying a magnitude of 10 too great a %. Now corrected. (@SteveJ)
  • LTS sensor values can now be displayed on area card. Note, you will need to set the visible flag to off for the LTS Target Temp Sensor to prevent incorrect values in the area card. (github issue #381)

Enhancements

• When saving schedules via the serivce, if the directory specified doesnā€™t exist, it will be created (inspired by @Hillman10)
  • The battery sensor will now show unavailable instead of 0% if the battery info is not supplied by the hub. This can happen after a hub reset or if a device is offline (flat battery) (inspired by @georox123)
  • The hub signal sensor now has attributes for uptime of the hub and last reset reason (inspired by @georox123)

Hope you like it!

8 Likes

@msp1974 Thanks for the fixes and enhancements in 3.3.10. As well as the passive mode offline fix, I am really appreciating the battery sensor showing unavailable instead of dropping to zero, as that was regularly falsely triggering an automation I have setup to log battery replacements. :slight_smile:

I think I have found a bug. Iā€™ve noticed that Away Mode Turns Off Hot Water kept getting turned off (I have this set to on as I like the hot water to turn off when Away Mode is on) and I wasnā€™t sure why. I think I have now tracked it down to the Cancel Hot Water Overrides button switching it off. I can reproduce this consistently here. I assume this is not the intended behaviour?

Is this since the 3.3.10 release?

No, it was the same in the previous release too. Sorry if that wasnā€™t clear.

Iā€™m not sure when it started, but Iā€™ve only noticed it recently. Mainly as I have been making use of Away Mode while we were on holiday. Itā€™s easy to reproduce. Switch on Away Mode Turns Off Hot Water and then use the Cancel Hot Water Overrides button and you will see it switches it off. Assuming itā€™s not something weird in my setup only that is.

Oh, so it does. It seems (presumably since some hub firmware update) that if you cancel overrides when you donā€™t have any, it turns this off. It does this via the app too so I guess def a firmware bug.

@jamiebennett - steps to reproduce in the app. Set ā€˜Turn off Hot Waterā€™ to on in the Away Mode settings. Then in Hot Water, go to boost and select off (when no boost is already in action). Now go back to away mode settings and you will see Turn off Hot Water is no longer on.

Ok, will get a fix for that for the integration to check for overrides before it cancels them.

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of getting a smart thermostat and Drayton Wiser looks like the best option for local control. Can the thing be set up and integrated into HA fully offline, or does it need to be connected to the internet first before being taken offline?

You can set it up and not connect it to the internet but this would have to be blocked on your router. You can control it with HA locally but obviously you would have to have HA cloud or a VPN to use HA outside the home.

I would however recommend allowing it to connect to the internet to get firmware updates for the hub and the trvs etc.

1 Like

The OpenTherm Gateway, really does give lots of useful info.

Like mark said , you need to connect to the internet during setup otherwise the app wont work. You ā€œcanā€ disconnect the internet after setup but

• Firmware updates wont appear
  • Wont be able to control it remotely, unless you vpn/wireguard in

Depending on how skilled you are with networking, and your router(s) you could put the wiser hub on its own vlan/dmz so that it can access the internet but not your private network and add routing rules so that HomeAssistant can query the hub . I know some people have all of their IOT stuff on a seperate vlanā€¦ kinda makes sense, and probably i something I should do.

1 Like

Nice, alas my boiler isnt openTherm but Im deffo putting one in when we replace itā€¦

Hello everyone, thanks so much, especially Mark for the research and application to get this to work with Home Assistant. Itā€™s a stunning effort.

QQ though Iā€™ve not been able to find the answer to on here; Is there any way of extending the TRV network beside using the Wiser plugs?

Iā€™m happy to use the Drayton hub, and donā€™t want to go totally Zigbee, but donā€™t find the plugs efficient cost-wise, or that effective, or that reliable. Iā€™d love to use a native Zigbee network, if thatā€™s feasible.

AFAIK
The only way to extend the wiser network is to use a ā€œpoweredā€ wiser device. e.g. the Wiser Plugs, the wiser heat switch and maybe the wiser underfloor heating switch.

I dont think you can extend the zigbee network with a generic adaptorā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunately you canā€™t which is a shame. Price wise, they do sometime come on sale but they are a bit dear at retail price.

Agree, Im after 2x heat switches. Im waiting for black friday they always have deals then