Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

on a quick ‘inspection’ it looks like it is;

var(--state-climate-auto-color) 

and

var(---state-climate-heat-color)

But it is possible that changing those could have other unwanted ramifications.

BTW have you tried your config using a dark theme? I spent hours trying to make var(---disabled-color) work on both light and dark themes.
I see you are using light grey but I found that the opacity changed irrespective of the CSS style when the theme changed from light to dark.

It looks good though so far

Mike

2 Likes

Brillliant work, thanks for sharing all of that styling code, im sure it will help a lot of people. I’ve been trying to make progress, but it has been slow, so this is going to be a big help! Something I have sourced from another thread - if you choose to use the preset dropdown feature of the card, you can hide the ‘more info’ dots by using:

.more-info {
  width: 0;
}

Many thanks. Yes, it is, but I already tried changing them and, although it works, it affects tthe colour of the background glow when heating, which I am trying to avoid. I want that to stay orange. I’m trying to just address the controls themselves without changing those two variables. I guess the alternative would be to change them and try and address the colour of the background glow to keep it orange, but, again, I don’t know how to target that.

I haven’t tried it with the dark theme to be fair. I will take a look at it in dark and see what happens.

I haven’t tried the “features” buttons because I don’t use them ( I use the “More info” to get there.
But I will have a look, but from what I can see it is another shadow root down - which will make life more difficult.

And yes changing the those will change the “glow” colour" which I too avoided by directly changing the colours at the slider level.

1 Like

I’ve just changed to the dark theme and see what you mean about the high slider. The grey colour no longer matches that of the other non passive thermostats. I’ll try and address that. Hopefully I can find what they are doing there so it matches in both light and dark modes.

Did you try:

.high {
  stroke: var(--disabled-color) !important;
  opacity: 0.4 !important;
}

It looks pretty close on both light and dark, but my monitor is old and not very colour accurate.

Best of luck - I have spent hours on that.
That is why I have hard coded the grey colour (and also the heat colour on the slider)

Oh just seen your post - no I haven’t tried that. I will but I’m away for a few days now. If you tink it works then I will try and confirm later in the week.
Thanks for the pointer.

1 Like

Thanks for that.

The more info is at the same level as the ‘ha-state-control-climate-temperature’ so it would be easy to incorporate.

Give it a go and let me know. It looks fairly accurate to my eyes in both light and dark themes (on my monitor anyway).

Strange, I haven’t needed to use the state-climate-heat-color section of your code at all. I couldn’t actually work out what that was doing.

I use that to change the orange colour of the glow to yellow because, to me, it shows its “passive” heating as opposed to “heat” heating! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see. :+1: Except, technically, when it’s calling for heat, it is “heat” heating regardless of whether it’s in Passive Mode or not, which is why I don’t want to change the glow colour. :joy: I guess it’s a matter of perspective and we are all different on how we want this to be represented.

Yes true - but I used your initial code from eons ago to change the colour of the temperature value to be amber if it was passive, so I just tried to replicate it :grin:

1 Like

Glad my original stuff was useful. :slight_smile: Same here, trying to replicate what I had before, as I was happy with it. Although I’m also taking the opportunity to slightly re-think it and see if I can display it clearer than before, while trying to match the new style as close as possible to make it look seemless.

Just so you know, you could use var(--amber-color) instead of your hardcoded one. #fa8907 doesn’t match any of the default HA colours. If you’re not aware of it, this link is very useful for referencing them.

Yes I use that link - but var(--amber-color) isn’t quite the same colour as #fa8907. Just my personal preference which I might change if it simplifies things.

At the risk of being “moderated” - shame we have all had to spend days and days just get back to where we were but I too think we can improve on what we had before.
The Belter thermostat card is also good as it is a lot smaller than the stock card and it looks to me like the best of the old and the new.
I have being doing a lot of work on that as well

1 Like

It seems to be common at the moment. I’ve had updates create loads of work for the last six months or so, although this one has to be the worst by a long way (although I had at least anticipated it when the changed the thermostat on the more info dialog). Hence having not updated until yesterday. Having said that, we are using non-standard components (i.e. card-mod) and the thermostat cards and my heating dashboard are the most customised of everything I have.

I think I am going to stick with the new standard thermostat card, rather than introducing yet another (I already have too many) custom component, that might break at some point. The fact they rowed back and optionally allowed the current temperature to be the predominant one changed the need to look elsewhere, for me at least. Hopefully now this has been updated it won’t change again for a long, long time. :slight_smile:

I just need to change the colour of the HVAC mode buttons, a few more tweaks and I should be happy with what I have.

hopefully, :crossed_fingers:

I’m sure you’ll get there - as I said I’m away for a few days but I will look at it when I get back as well as the .high grey colour

Cheers - Mike

1 Like

The Better thermostat card is also good as it is a lot smaller than the stock card

You do know you can put these into a grid card and have two side by side, which are a lot smaller than the card on it’s own? I was doing that before the new card came out. I use vertical-stack and grid cards a lot for layout, along with the custom vertical-stack-in-card from HACS.

Yes, I use 3 side by side in a grid layout in landscape.

Its not the width, its the height that ruins my dashboard :frowning:

Hi everyone

This has been working fine for ages, but recently I am unable to control the settings through the Home Assistant dashboard. If I try I get the error "Response error trying to communicate with Wiser Hub 192.168.1.15 for url http://{}:{}/data/v2/domain/Room/2. Error is 400, message=“Data after Connection: close

It’s definitely still on the system, as the thermostat cards are correctly showing the heat and the status for each room (so if I change the desired temp on the Wiser app, the Home Assistant dashboard updates to reflect that)

I saw some people with the same error above, so I checked I was on the latest version of Home Assistant, and I am.

• Core 2024.1.3
  • Supervisor 2023.12.0
  • Operating System 11.4

Any ideas?

Have you updated to at least v3.4 of the integration? Recommend 3.4.2.

1 Like