Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration

Shocking is an understatement…

Re GEO, im sure someone will create a HA integration for it… looks cool alas got too many other gadgets to work on

1 Like

Do the battery percentages come from the wiser API or are they calculated HA side? Put some ni-mh rechargable batteries in the TVRs after original batteries died which quickly drop from (full charge) 60% to showing 20% which is fine but then drop to 0% after 2/3/4 weeks but continue to work perfectly fine at 0% for weeks (needed to charge for something else so did the TVRs at the same time but at least a month since they’ve been showing 0 & definitely still working and suspect probably another 3-6 months based on the voltage drop for ni-mh batteries).

If it’s HA side would be nice if it was more granular so know when the batteries actually need charging rather than showing 0% but still working.

Percentage battery charge is based on the voltage provided by the hub. AFAIK they match what the wiser app shows as the percentage as we tested with different voltages and compared. On the battery attributes is the voltage and the battery level from the hub. What does this say?

Alsomsee this https://schneider-electric.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014540938-Can-I-use-re-chargeable-batteries-in-my-Wiser-Radiator-Thermostats-and-Wiser-Room-Thermostats-

2.6v is 20%, 2.5v is 0% but the TVRs definitely still work at 2.4v (and maybe lower) & from my understanding ni-mh spend about 80/90% of the time at 1.2 (so 2.4 for double batteries) before falling off the cliff & actually need recharging.

I do plan on swapping them out at some point, was all I had in my battery draw at the time of needing something, just seems silly (definitely more wiser fault) to say 2.4v is dead/0% when it still operates perfectly fine at that voltage

I’d be more than happy to get the JSON payload - I already have Postman, but not sure how to connect it to Wiser. Any pointers?

Ok - I’ve figured it out and able to get the output from http://{ip_address}/data/domain/ - what would be useful to share and how best to share it?

What batteries are those exactly? I tried before with Philips and GP batteries, but the TRV was not even power on with them.

EBL 2800mah

1 Like

Hey Michael (toddstar) , yeah but as Mark mentioned when we set the levels we matched (as good as we can) the wiser app so things are consistent.

What you could do is create a shadow template sensor based on the batterys sensor with your own values, then just ignore the ootb integration battery sensors.

Re Insights+
Hey Dunxd,
Can you log an enhancement request at Issues · asantaga/wiserHomeAssistantPlatform · GitHub with your sample JSON payload and we can look at it… We have a way of “faking” the wiserhub for this sort of stuff where we dont have the features available to us…

I’m not 100% comfortable with pasting the entire output publically into github - is there a part of it that is most interesting?

I had a look through it, and it didn’t look like there was anything relating to power other than in the smartplugs - it is possible that all the data from the geo device is sent to Schneider’s/Geo’s cloud.

Just put REDACTED where you think something is personal detail. Or change the string to something what is similar, like a token, same length but all xxxxxxxx…

totally get it, I dont think there is anything confidential there to be honest… I’ll send u a PM with where to put it

1 Like

Has anyone created a nice custom lovelace card? I’ve got 16 rooms set up and find there’s too much scrolling to use the thermostat card, so I just use the basic entities card and add all the climate entities.

I still find it quicker using the Wiser app to see at a glance what is going on. I’d rather use a HA dashboard though.

Have you looked at the mini climate card?

3 Likes

Would any one be able to expand how to do the schedules in a little more detail please?

I cant seem to figure out how to the following:

"Use the service Set Schedule From File"

Im pretty sure im missing somthing thats prob simple and im overlooking everything :slight_smile:

Also - is there a way to control the TRV temps from inside HA?

Have you read through the documentation on this? If so, give me a little more detail about what you are struggling with and i’ll try and help you. TRV temps can be controlled using a climate card for the room.

Meant to add link

Thanks Mark

Ive read over it multiple times, i wasnt sure what it meant.

However, using the Dev mode, and calling the service (which is what it says to do, doh haha) has pulled all the schedules into a txt file.

I now just need to work on setting them etc (whcih is fine ive figured that bit out)

I also didnt know you could add the TRV into a climate card either (learn something new everyday)

Loving the integration though :slight_smile: its a huge upgrade from the nest i had in my old home.