Dreo Fan Integration Installation

I am new to all this and can’t see myself struggling to load HACS, which seems to have a complicated configuration and requires an additional third party installation before you can even attempt to install the DREO integration. So what I attempted was the "manual " installation, which seemed simple, by copying the DREO file into my custom_components directory and restarting HA, which has worked fine for other integrations. . After looking at the logs, there was nothing there referring to the DREO integration, except for the warning that it wasn’t a verified integration. Everything else is working fine except noting was installed for DREO. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I didn’t get a reply to my initial post, so I went ahead and used Home Bridge (HOOBS) to get my Dreo fan into Home Kit. I have since installed HACS using the Get HACS Addon. Everything seemed to work, HACS was was seamlessly added to my Custom_Components folder and the Log didn’t show any errors or configuration instructions. Only thing is HACS didn’t show up in my HA integrations. So, bottom line is I have 3 Custom Component packages, including HACS, Dreo and Lennox30, and only Lennox30 shows up in the HA integrations. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? Maybe I don’t have the necessary files in my homeassistant or config directory. Is there some place I can go to see what the required files are or why some integration load while others. will not?

Probably a bit difficult to comment without knowing exactly which integration you have used, is it this one?

Have you done the initial configuration bit if it is the one above.

1. In HA, open Settings
  2. Click Devices & services
  3. Click Add integration (blue button at the bottom right of the screen)
  4. Search Dreo and select it
  5. Enter your Dreo username & password (same login you use on the Dreo app)

Yes, I am now able to see the Dreo integration when I selected Add Integration. I guess the HACS iteration is working to allow me to see Dreo. Should I delete the Dreo folder in Custom_Components before adding it through the UI?

No, leave it there. It’s a two stage thing add the files, then add the integration. HACS just automates adding the custom folder to save you doing manually, it is needed if you do it manually or via HACS.

I downloaded the Dreo directory and added it to my custom_components again and restarted HA. I then selected ‘add integration’, selected Dreo, and it prompted for my user ID and Password. It is now installed! Still don’t know what’s up with the HACS integration, but I don’t need it to install Dreo anymore. When I implement this in Home Kit with HomeKit Bridge, what entities should I include?

Sorry can’t help you there, I don’t have either Dreo or Home Kit.

I would recommend that it be made clear for manual integration that custom components will become available under ‘Add Integrations’ after copying the directory to custom_components. Thank you so much for your help!

Did you get the Dreo integration working?