Drilldown like the Hass Frontend Underground Weather Alert

When you have a sensor.pws_alerts on the Hass frontend it shows as a count.
If you have an alert, you get the 1, then when you click on the button you see the text.

Is there a way to duplicate that in the HADashboard?

at this moment there are no widgets where you can show atributes from sensors.
but i can think of a number of attributes that are valuable to see.

so i guess we have to ask if @aimc already has something like that on his todo list :wink:

You know @aimc may ban me from here if I add one more thing to a wish list. :slight_smile:

I guess maybe I need to roll up my sleeves and contribute if I keep opening my mouth.
First I need to learn github, repositories, and python syntax.

1 Like

you can always say i asked :wink:
i have a feeling he wont kick me out :stuck_out_tongue:

there is no harm in learning those things, but i got a feeling i would take a while before you can contribute.

I’m not actually sure what the sensor you are referring to actually is - it’s likely the the data you want is available but you might need to create an additional sensor to permanently show the value you are interested in in HASS, then display that in HADashboard.

as i see it is an attribute from a sensor.
i guess your right that with a template sensor you could make that permanent visible in HA and then a widget to show that template.

but i think an attribute widget would also be valuable.
like a sensor widget but you woulf give an entity and the attribute you want to see.

there are a lot of entities with attributes in HA and right now you have to create template sensors to be able to show them in dashboard. i think it would give an option to split up parts of entities and use only a part in the dashboard.

It would be easier to add that function to the sensor widget, should be easy to do.

2 Likes

yeah that would do the trick.

show atrribute value on the sensor widget and let it default to state.
like it is setup now i think you could also show attributes from other entities that way.

1 Like

This is on the frontend

This is the HADashboard

When you click on the icon on the front end you get this .

…

Some more info …

So I get the state is count of alerts in this case 1 and attribute is message? I could create a sensor (pws_alert_message) and load the attribute into it, but then to be able to click the icon and show the message, kind of like a popup.

Being able to give an attribute for an entities would save having to create a sensor for just HADashboard, unless I misunderstood you, what I am talking about, when you click on the icon showing the state, a pop shows the attribute.

HADashboard doesn’t do the popup piece at this point.

right now you have this option:

in ha create a template sensor which shows the message atrribute
in your main dashboard besides the sensor that shows the amount create a icon that takes you to another dashboard.
create a dashboard that shows the newly created template sensor and a button that takes you back to the main dashboard.

@ReneTode I hear you.
How hard would it be that if a widget did not have a default click action, that if a configuration say “navigate_dasboard: ShowitPanel” existed then you would go there just like a navigate widget.

Without a doubt, I am not that arrogant.
In case you can’t tell by the picture, it is hard to see, I am a OkState Alum and fan. Boon Pickens has a quote, “You can’t have a nice big oak tree, unless you plant it today.” :slight_smile:

Easy enough - but then most things on my list are easy enough, finding time for them all is not! And this item or something similar is already on my list, so we’ll get to it at some point.

1 Like

In the meantime, if you could deal with having this as a persistent notification in HA rather than on the dashboard, @turboc has an excellent AD App that does this. Also can output sound with a few modifications.

Sorry, new don’t have all the pronouns down yet. “AD App” ? AppDaemon ?
Where is @turboc example at?

AD = AppDaemon.

Here’s his repo, you might find something else you like - I’m using a couple of his apps.

Also, putting the @ in front of the username sends a notification to the user that he was mentioned, which is why I added it so he could reply. But I’m sure he wouldn’t have any issues with me pointing you there. I’m just being polite.

Sorry for using the short hand - I forget sometimes. Bad mod!

1 Like

I see @rpitera pointed you to it. Let me know if you have any questions or problems. It was some of my “early work”. LOL

1 Like

AD - Appdaemon
HA - Home Assistant
YAML - Well you know what I think about Yaml. LOL

2 Likes