Driver for 12V 10a led

Hi to all,
I am trying to build monochromatic light. Will use 12V 10A DC source and connect various 12V led lights. All that lights have Led and resistor so they can work on 12V.
Is there a driver to buy and use for PWM control for that lights? I have searched forums and find many Mosfet circuits but there really lot of shematics so I’m little bit confused :confused:

If you’re just concerned about which MOSFET to pick, the IRLZ44N will work for you no problem. Throw a resistor on the gate pin, 10k should work, and you’ll be all set. You probably want to put some heat sinks on them as well, if the high current loads will be sustained.

Below are my notes-to-self in case they help. I’ve built a half-dozen of these for use around the house controlling ~2A LED strips. The gate driver can buffer the signal source from the capacitance of the MOSFET’s gate. At high PWM frequencies the gate can look like a dead short and thus degrade or damage the ESP’s GPIO.

(I’m not the author of the webpage linked here)

Usable when the gate is driven by a 3.3v source; something like an ESP8266
A handy page about this, with optocoupler and other intermediaries, is:

IRLB8721 ($1.75 @ Adafruit)
IRF510
‘FEC’ K1388
AO3402
IRLR7821
FQP30N60L
IRLZ44

MCP14E series of Gate Drivers are handy

Thanks for your help. I ordered IRLZ44 and board with LR7843. What come first will be used, other will be used in other light projects, like PWM control for RGB LEDs.
Now one more question - what freq to use for PWM in ESP32? This will be outside light but mostly will be dimmed

The default PWM frequency is (IIRC) 1000Hz. Unless that interferes with something in the driven circuit (direct-driven LEDs don’t care, but other devices might), there’s typically no reason to change it.

everything is very simple and I solved it. you need This component And Here I have described in detail

1 Like

Very good pointers/links here, lordzid (except for the stray ‘y’ in the link to home-assistant’s forum).
I wish I’d have known of this pre-fab module before rolling my own. 5 times… :wink:

Link corrected in previous post.