Dropdown entries not selectable in Chrome browser via mouse input

Hi !
When using Chrome Browser I’m not able to select an entry by mouse from a drop down menu. The entries are shown but if I click on an entry nothing happens. Only selection by keyboard is working.

Linux Mint 20.2
Chrome: Version 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Any help is welcome - thanks !
Michael.

2 Likes

Same for me.
I noticed it since a few weeks (2 - 4).
It works with Firefox but not with my chromium based browser - Brave (Version 1.30.87 Chromium: 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (64-Bit))

• The browser is up-to-date
  • Website has been reloaded multiple times
  • Website cache has been cleared multiple times
  • Browser cache has been completely cleared

Also, I have found this error message in the logs:

2021-10-07 11:36:22 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202110060] https://SOME_CHARS.ui.nabu.casa/frontend_latest/127834db.js:1:0 NS_ERROR_FAILURE:

But it also doesn’t work if I connect locally.

Thanks for any help

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution yet?

Tried anything to solve it but no luck. In Safari etc it works normally.

I just reinstalled my browser again and it works now

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with Chrome and Opera

they are showing the following violation in the developer console:

and link to:
https://chromestatus.com/feature/5745543795965952

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for the longest time in Brave (not only with HA, also on Discord sites) and managed to fix it by resetting all flags to their default values:

• navigate to brave://flags
  • press “Reset all” (top of the screen)
2 Likes

Yes that’s the solution! Thanks!

But off-course in Chrome use: chrome://flags

2 Likes

Just experienced the same issue with ms edge
resetting edge://flags didnt work for me

Edge: 102.0.1220.1 dev (64-bit)
HA: 2022.5.0.dev20220413

(Android app is also affected)

Workaround: type the full entity name (not id) in the inputfield and press tab

starting debug now…

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This has been driving me crazy. Thank you too @robertklep

2 Likes

Anyone figure this out? I have the same issue in the most recent version of MS Edge 102.0.1245.44

Does navigating to chrome://flags work in Edge? If so, my solution may work: Dropdown entries not selectable in Chrome browser via mouse input - #6 by robertklep

It’s edge://flags in edge but resetting flags didn’t work. There is a fix in 2022.6, I was running 2022.5.5 when I posted my reply. On 2022.6.7 it’s working fine in Edge.

Here’s a link to the issue Can’t make selections/scroll drop-down menus with mouse/trackpad via FrontEnd UI in Safari or Firefox - Mac OS 12 · Issue #12695 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

I wondered if this might be a front-end integration that’s conflicting - is that a possibility? That we’re all using the same front-end integration?

I’ve tried resetting flags, and it doesn’t resolve it :frowning: [Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

It’s the same problem for me in the mobile app (ios)

It’s working fine for me since I upgraded to 2022.6.7.

1 Like

I can’t 100% rule it out, but I had a very similar issue on completely unrelated websites so it doesn’t seem plausible.

It just has to be a library that both the integration and an other website uses

That still doesn’t explain why resetting browser flags fixed it for me.

Have just updated to 2022.7.5 - and while it didn’t initially fix the issue, it did tell me a new front-end is available and to reload…so i did - and then it’s fixed!!!

This has been annoying me for so long!!