DSC Alarm integration

Thanks! Happy to help you test removal of 010. Just need your direction.

@Cinntax im eagerly waiting for the fix where HassOS sets the Envisalink time to UTC as well… much like @autumnwalker I was totally caught off guard with this.

any chance you could provide an update please? This is a pretty annoying bug and would love to see this fixed. let us know if @autumnwalkerand I can help test.

@Cinntax
If i may ask what do you recommend for a security system since you switched to another product?
I am impressed by EnvisaLink but not using https just feels weird for a security system
Are you using Konnected by any chance?

DHCP discovery was added a while a back. Any chance that there could be a config flow to automatically discover envisalink and also configure it (instead of through yaml)?

Just to add to this, if there will ever be any new features that would require a YAML config addition, it won’t be approved. The integration will require a config flow update to add that feature.

Hi @Cytomax55 - i’m currently using a Honeywell Lyric control panel (https://www.security.honeywellhome.com/product-repository/lcp500-l). It has homekit built into it so that’s how it integrates into Home-assistant.

I will get to the timezone issue here within the next few days (i know it’s been forever for such a small thing).

Given my situation- I wanted to see who else might be interested in carrying the torch on this integration. I haven’t been giving this the priority it deserves. I do still have my envisalink device laying around- and if someone is up for working on this integration more, I’d be happy to ship the device to them, and I’ll cover the cost within reason :slight_smile: . If anyone is up for that let me know privately and we can discuss!

I’d be willing to take a stab at it, but I must confess that my python skills are rudimentary at best. I’m also a newbie with most of this kind of stuff (by which I meant git, version control in general, and contributing to community projects), my background is C/C++ (mostly as a hobby) and Powershell. I wouldn’t call myself anything more than an intermediate coder either. I do have a DSC 1832, EnvisaLink 4 and Home Assistant though, and I’d love to be able to get some more functionality out of it.

1 Like

I’ve noticed today that it can sometimes take over a minute for the Alpha field to update from “Not Ready” to “Ready” in Home Assistant, even though it happens more or less instantly on the alarm’s physical keypad. Is this a limitation of Envisalink or Home Assistant?

Edit: I’ve since discovered that my issues stemmed from my hardware setup – I was running Home Assistant in a Hyper-V VM on a Windows 2019 Server with NIC teaming in Switch Independent mode. As soon as I got rid of the NIC team, the connectivity problems went away.

It has to be wired sensors only

Do you have experience installing it?

@GaryOkie do you have experience with this product, DSC and Home Assistant?

Hi Kitus,

Are you referring to “this product” as the Konnected Alarm Panel? If so, no.

I have experience with an old DSC panel interfaced to HASS via EVL4. I also have experience with an old NetworX/NX584 panel and HASS.

Both security systems are wired and both working great with HASS. However, I am looking into updating my config using the custom ALARMO integration. It enables you to manage and integrate not just the DSC security sensors but ANY sensor in HASS - all from a web interface.

I dont know who @ufodone on github is, but it looks like thanks to him, we now have zone bypass switches in Home Assistant as of 2022.2 !

Many thanks!

Source: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/63200

Since 2022.03 it’s now possible to trigger on keyfob pgm keypress (code 660)

Have you had issues with the bypass switches if updating past 2022.2? I seem to lose them if upgrading.

Yeah, they were removed. People where the alarm is configured to require a pin when bypassing a zone had machine issues.

Interesting. I like to leave the garage door cracked for the dogs and bypass that zone when setting the alarm… Any thoughts on a workaround for HA? I suppose I could still bypass manually with the envisalink app, but its less convenient…

You can use the send command function to bypass a zone with 1<zone_nr># I think.

Problem is, there is no visibility in HA if a zone is bypassed.

So for now, I am still on HA 2022.2.5 which is the latest version with the bypass switches still enabled.

On the side, I am working on something else as a work-around, but it is going slow.

wonder why this integration isn’t in GUI where there is so much movement to gui for so many things…

1 Like