DSC Alarm integration

The panel and the DSCServer and Keypad app on my Android phone work. I also had it tied into a OpenHAB installation, and that was successful. So I’m a little stumped. Playing with it direct to the Eyez-on now, but it keeps dropping the connection. Grrr.

Is there a way to trigger an alarm from HASS ?

The TPI supports triggering an alarm with ‘060’ and disarming with ‘040’

Ok, so with the keepalive at 15 had a stable, accurate report for the open zones directly to the Envisalink. It must be something to do with how the state is updated against the java DSCserver. I like having the DSCserver as the authoritative source - it’s got an SSL encrypted tunnel from my phone over a non-disclosed port so the widget is always up-to-date, regardless of what network my phone is on.

Guess I’ll have to figure out a fix or a workaround. Bugger.

Started playing with HomeAssistant this morning, already have it configured with my alarm, zwave, chrome-casts, Google Maps, weather here and the beach (with driving times), etc. Starting to think I need a RPi to stick this in the minivan - automated climate control, BLE access, seat presets, etc. Damn.

Hey, this looks familiar!

I remembered seeing something in Vera forums a while back. I found the link.

Can you see if this might be relevant - http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15586.msg118801.html#msg118801

Yeah, using the alarm_trigger service
Although interestingly I just tested it; it triggered the alarm and then cancelled it immediately.
I’ll have to check the logs when I get home, but perhaps once it is triggered the Envisalink is asking for the code, HA sends the code and cancels the alarm?

Similar. Anyone know how to enable logging?

Have you made sure you have nothing else on the network is trying to talk to Envisalink at the same time as Home Assistant? I understand the Envisalink hardware only supports one connection via the API.

So I have the java DSCserver as the broker between the envisalink and all my devices. It’s also the reason this doesn’t work as intended, my theory being the zone state is controlled by received times of activation and the java DSCserver either isn’t providing the correct values or is providing them in an inconsistent manner. Probably an easy fix but I haven’t debugged code in 10+ years.

Hi everyone I new to this and I got some help setting up my Alarm DSC in HA

I can only see the status on and can’t arm or disarm.
example it asking for the code when I enter the code,
ARM HOME and ARM STAY is gray out and none functioning
any how to fix this?

I have played with that java server too and had the exact same issue. Funnily enough though that server working as a broker does provide all the statuses to the alarm_keypad component - including ac_present which I’ve not seen without it…odd.

Anything in your logs? Have you defined zone and partition info? Post a sanitized (no password) version of your config for
“envisalink:”

@ih8gates nothing in my log
armed homeHome Alarm KeypadArm StayFront DoorcloseGarage DoorcloseRear DoorcloseLive room MotioncloseDen MotioncloseLiving rm Windowclose

Sorry. I don’t have any ideas. Are you running .30.2? There were some recent updates to the Envisalink platform.

@ih8gates Yes I am running the latest, I upgraded last week.

Do you have a code set in your definitions for envisalink? something like code: '1234'?

IIRC, the component uses that as a format so that it knows you’ve entered the right number of digits. That might keep the arm/disarm buttons from turning on.

What happens if you try to arm the alarm from the services dev tab? Can you arm it by calling alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_home and then disarm it using alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm? To disarm, you’ll have to pass the right service data like: {'entity_id':'alarm_control_panel.home_alarm','code':'1111'}

Your entity_id will need to match your system (check the states dev tool). And replace 1111 with your code.

When I use service alarm_control_panel/alarm_arm_home the alarm start to chime down to arm

it does ARm when I use service but it does not disarm when I use alarm_control_panel/alarm_disarm