DSC Neo Integration

Nice implementation!

1 Like

This is nice, did you publish the PCB somewhere? or are you selling any?

I’ve uploaded the PCB files here: Files | DSC Neo Alarm Integration for Home Assistant | Hackaday.io

Reading this gave me some inspiration and I figured out how to communicate with the TL280 locally with the AES cipher. I’m far from a fully functional solution, but having solved the AES problem is a big step in the right direction. If anyone else wants to help, I would appreciate it.

https://github.com/BrianHumlicek/DSC-TLink

Brian Humlicek

4 Likes

Great start BrianHumlicek. I don’t have a neo to test with but would love to integrate it with my project to enhance it’s Dsc support. GitHub - Dilbert66/esphome-dsckeybus: Esphome custom configuration for interfacing to a DSC POWERSERIES alarm system

Is this only possible programmatically? Or will I have to reprint the board? )

This is excellent to hear! I was about to replace my DSC Neo with a Qolsys so that I could connect to it with Home Assistant, but I’ll hold off if there’s a chance that I can connect it with this once you’re further along.

I would like to give the DSC Neo one last try before I replace it completely. I have got one piece of HSM2208 output module lying around. I am searching for a piece of hardware to connect it to Home Assistant with minimum hassle. I would prefer some solution that would allow me to avoid designing and assembling a custom PCB, as my knowledge of electronics is unfortunately very rusty.

I investigated Kincony KC868-A16 module. It works really great with HA (ESP Home firmware), and it has 16 digital inputs with optocouplers. It has even Ethernet connector. Unfortunately the HSM2208 has open-collector outputs, and from my understanding KC868-A16 is not a perfect match for it, as it does not support separate external voltage for its optocouplers.

(maybe I can try cutting the paths on the KC868 board and soldering a connector for external voltage but it’s out of my comfort zone to later put it into my switchboard)

Anyone can suggest decent hardware to try HSM2208 with?