DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant

@sanderdw I am receiving the following error:

Starten van de add-on is mislukt
Image sanderdw/ha-dsmr-reader-amd64:1.1.2 does not exist for addon_0826754b_dsmr_reader

What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

1 Like

See my earlier post: DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant - #226 by sanderdw

@sanderdw anything that comes to mind?

Your issue is a specific DSMR software issue. So my advice would be to check it at Issues · dsmrreader/dsmr-reader · GitHub or create an issue there. I’m on holiday so can’t really help out on that kind of specific issues.

1 Like

Got the same issue after upgrading to latest version
U fixed this?
edit: ah indeed, deleting and reinstalling fixed it.

@sanderdw Is it now safe to update the timescale db?
Cause that gave errors earlier

I think people upgraded TimescaleDB with succes, not using it myself so better to ask here for support: Home Assistant Add-on: PostgreSQL + TimescaleDB

But you can safely try. Just shutdown the dsmr addon first to make sure you don’t corrupt the database. Afterwards upgrade TimescaleDB with a backup and see if everything goes well before starting up DSMR again.

That’s more or less what I did recently (second attempt).
I waited for TS 2.0.1 and DSMR add on 1.1.1

I stopped HA (in proxmox, where I took a backup).
Then I upgraded again. Fail.
Restore Proxmox Backup. Up and running again in 5 minutes.

When it involves manual interventions on CLI, i’ll probably never get it to work, since I quickly lose track there. So I’m hoping for an automated solution :slight_smile:

Hi @gcoupe did you fix this?
Still having problems to update

@sanderdw any ideas?
I cant upgrade my timescale db

Try to put all the databases also in the Timescale enabled listing, see Automatic updater is broken - missing libraries · Issue #18 · Expaso/hassos-addon-timescaledb · GitHub

But before you do make sure the DSMR addon is stopped.

1 Like

This is my config now
databases:

• homeassistant
  • dsmrreader
    timescale_enabled:
  • homeassistant
    timescaledb:
    telemetry: basic
    maxmemory: 512MB
    maxcpus: ‘4’
    max_connections: 20
    system_packages: []
    init_commands: []

So you say i need to put dsmrreader also in the timescale enbaled thing?

Like this:

databases:

• homeassistant
  • dsmrreader
    timescale_enabled:
  • homeassistant
  • dsmrreader
    timescaledb:
    telemetry: basic
    maxmemory: 512MB
    maxcpus: ‘4’
    max_connections: 20
    system_packages: []
    init_commands: []

ok that did the trick ! Thx for the problem solving !

Update to 1.2.0
Where did the nice UI go?

2022-05-09: DSMR Reader Add-on v1.2.0, Support for Ingress in BETA, see changelog
Changelog here

Because of Ingress support the ‘OPEN WEB UI’ button in the addon will always try to open up the Ingress page. As it’s standard disabled for now in Configuration (ENABLE_INGRESS) you need to open up the url manually in the browser, something like http://yourhomeassistant:7777/admin or check the log for the correct url.

If you want to try out the new Ingress support you need to set ENABLE_INGRESS to on in the Configuration. After this you can use the ‘OPEN WEB UI’ as normal again and it will open up in HA internally.
If this is not working, you probably need to uninstall and install the addon again :face_with_monocle:.

Can you let me now if my explanation works out for you?

Yes, the ip:7777 works
Can you explain why i should enable ingress?
what are the benifits?

Basically it integrates DSMR Reader in HA on UI level without having to mess with ports, so security wise it’s also a little safer (when you remove the 7777 port config aswell after activating and running Ingress correctly).

See Introducing Hass.io Ingress - Home Assistant

But you don’t have to use it, you can still use the manual ip:7777 option, only downside is now that you can’t use the ‘OPEN WEB UI’ button anymore.

i enabled the ingress toggle, and webui is back :wink:
easier than, 7777

Hi sanderdw, after viewing your post on Tweakers I decided to try your DSMR reader adon. I followed all the steps and i saw the data flowing in and the charts building. Which was great!

However after a while I noticed some very high strange readings coming into the regular HA energy dashboard. See screenshot below

2022-05-11_07-21-35

I already had the dsmr integration installed before i tried your add on. Can you help me trouble shoot these very strange spikes? And how can i fix them?

Do you have the same spikes in DSMR Reader itself? You must be using the DSMR Reader - Home Assistant in combination with the addon right?