DSMR Reader Add-on for Home Assistant

Hey @TheCosmicGate, like Sander was saying. Do you have installed beside the DSMR reader Addon (from Sander) installed the DSMR Reader in “intergrations” ?

sure i did

Schermafbeelding 2024-04-02 211601

Okay @TheCosmicGate, I couldn’t see it in your other message :wink: but try to remove the dsmr intergration and reinstall it again.

1 Like

That seems to be the solution for now. It’s working again

1 Like

Anyone that has a working configuration for for DSMR Reader for Slimmelezer+ by Zuidwijk, connected via WiFi, and currently hooks directly with HA via ESPHome?

Or maybe it is not possible to connect to if from the add-on?

@marieper it’s not possible with esphome. Because DSMR Reader needs or a usb device (that shows the telegrams) or needs a telnet device. Sadly esphome doesn’t support that.

I thought that i read somewere you could flash the “slimmelezer” from Marcel with a other firmware, so it could use telnet. And then use DSMR Reader plugin :wink: (https://www.zuidwijk.com/using-esp-link/)

Not sure exactly but I thought to remember that it works with DMSR Reader, if that’s the case it could also work with the addon.

Thanks a million.

I’ll try it out, and I happen to have a spare Slimmeleze+ as I bought one extre when I beleived my original one had died.

1 Like

2024-04-16: DSMR Reader Add-on v 1.11.1, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

2 Likes

I experience an issue, possibly related to this reported issue.
The quick and dirty solution is to restart the add-on periodically. A small blueprint is a temporary solution:

alias: DSMR reader herstart
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    minutes: /10
condition: []
action:
  - service: hassio.addon_restart
    metadata: {}
    data:
      addon: 0826754b_dsmr_reader
mode: single

Bssed on the reported issue i created a new release as stability is essential. @EDouna , can you let me know if the issue is temperarly resolved with this release?

2024-04-17: DSMR Reader Add-on v 1.11.2, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

On it. Downloading and I will monitor it - I’ll keep you posted.

At first sight this seems to stabilize my situation. Further details are shared on Github. Thanks Sander!

2024-04-22: DSMR Reader Add-on v1.11.3, DSMR-reader v5.11
Changelog here

1 Like

@broekieman ik heb dit net gepost: How to get Homewizard P1 meter telegrams into DSMR Reader using automations - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I run the latest addon. and when I use ingress link to check dsmr everything went well. If i want to login i got a error.
I use nginx proxy manager to enter my domain: https://domainxxx.nl
Ho can I solve this?

Verboden (403)

CSRF-verificatie mislukt. Aanvraag afgebroken.

U ziet deze melding, omdat deze HTTPS-website vereist dat uw webbrowser een ‘Referer header’ meestuurt, maar deze ontbreekt. Deze header is om veiligheidsredenen vereist om er zeker van te zijn dat uw browser niet door derden wordt gekaapt.

Als u ‘Referer’-headers in uw browser hebt uitgeschakeld, schakel deze dan weer in, op zijn minst voor deze website, of voor HTTPS-verbindingen, of voor ‘same-origin’-aanvragen.

Als u de tag gebruikt of de header ‘Referrer-Policy: no-referrer’ opneemt, verwijder deze dan. De CSRF-bescherming vereist de ‘Referer’-header voor strenge referer-controle. Als u bezorgd bent om privacy, gebruik dan alternatieven zoals <a rel=“noreferrer” …> voor koppelingen naar websites van derden.

1 Like

Team,

What state_class should my DSMR entities have?

Currently the have a state_class of total_increasing

However, if you read the documentation explaining the differences between the 3 state_classes, it looks like I should be using total instead? Quote:

TOTAL The state represents a total amount that can both increase and decrease, e.g. a net energy meter. Statistics of the accumulated growth or decline of the sensor’s value since it was first added is updated every 5 minutes. This state class should not be used for sensors where the absolute value is interesting instead of the accumulated growth or decline, for example remaining battery capacity or CPU load; in such cases state class measurement should be used instead.|
TOTAL_INCREASING Similar to total, with the restriction that the state represents a monotonically increasing positive total which periodically restarts counting from 0, e.g. a daily amount of consumed gas, weekly water consumption or lifetime energy consumption. Statistics of the accumulated growth of the sensor’s value since it was first added is updated every 5 minutes. A decreasing value is interpreted as the start of a new meter cycle or the replacement of the meter.

Reading this it looks like the “_increasing” total has the ability to reset itself to zero

1. “as start of a new cycle” (which should never happen with an energy meter?)
  2. “which periodically restarts counting from 0” - which you never want from the main energy meter?
  3. “the replacement of a meter”, which hardly ever happens? (and couldn’t that be done with state_class: total?

So the question is: should the main energy meters have state_class TOTAL ?

Same problem. seems to be a problem at dsmr-reader, see link below.
I have not found a solution for this add-on.

https://github.com/dsmrreader/dsmr-reader/issues/2001

When restarting HA it takes about 45 minutes before DSMR reader is available.
During this time non of the sensors are updated too.

Any idea what can cause this ?