DSMR Update rate

I’ve finally received my p1 cable for my Landis Gyr E360. I first connected it to my smart meter and laptop and confirmed functions with Putty. It worked like a charm, giving me a telegram every second.

Now, connected the cable to my HA-box. Installed the add-on for “DSMR Slimme Meter”. During configuration I selected DSMR 5 and then the odd things begin: I get a “communication failed” error.

I tried about 10 more times, and all of the sudden it’s connected.

After which I do get data. I changed the update interval to either default 30 seconds, 15, 10, 5 and 1 seconds, but somehow I only get updates every 10-45 minutes.

Anyone has a clue why this is happening? Is it better to use the ser2net method?

Ok - I found some more details.

The logs show quite some CRC errors. Searching those, I saw quite a few topics saying this is a know problem.

In other topics I even found that Liander is replacing these smart meters due to known problems on the p1 port.

I will call Liander next week and see what they can do in my case.

As a small update:

Liander is willing to replace the meter, as this is indeed a known issue with them.
The downside: there is a waiting list, where non-urgent replacements can take over a year to get replaced (As meters are not in stock/not produced).

I came, by accident, accross another cable for the E360 meter from Cedel. They claim to have improved their cable to avoid CRC errors.

Should be received by today, i will let you all know the results.