Dual Thermostat Card

Ah okay, I misunderstood. I thought the auto mode was a function of the plugin rather than the climate entity. That makes more sense, thanks!

I’m looking for help in making the inner background transparent to match the rest of my theme. I know jack squat about css. I’d like the card to have transparency like the light entity cards:

dual lamps transparent

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin

I’m running haos installed in a virtualenv, so I have a config/ directory with all my .yaml files in it. Where should clone this repo and which yaml do I need to modify to use this?

Been looking for this for a while

Use HACS to install this card into your lovelace UI.

I dont have HACS … mine is not a hassio, it’s just hass inside venv

Install HACS with these instructions, it makes installing this card and many additional custom components/cards/themes 100% easier.

you create a custom_components folder inside your config directory. just drop the files in there.

I did that but i’m not getting very far. After restarting homeassistant, trying to add the integration shows an un-labeled line for hacs. Following the wizard is almost impossible, no visible text labels on the dialogs.

The home-assistant log gives a warning

2019-12-11 04:30:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

Is there another way to do this or a way around this problem?

I didn’t mention anything about using hacs

Sorry, someone else suggested that. I followed the guide to install hacs, but not having too much luck

[EDIT]
Finally got hacs installed. Looks like somehow it was missing a hidden directory called .translations . Once I copied that over to config/custom_components/hacs its all good.

For anyone else using this because of z-wave thermostats, HA 0.103 contains a change that now presents z-wave thermostats as one. You may not need this anymore.

1 Like

I see a single control UI for a z-wave thermostat in 0.103, although it did change my entity name for whatever reason.

Probably because before they had identification in the name to identify the heat and cooling controls.

1 Like

Yep,
All good after updating the cards with the updated entity names.

Now, 0.103 also broke my lutron_caseta integration, I now need to go figure out what happened there.

The zwave change works great for me. Thanks for the heads up.

This broke for me in 0.110 when in either vertical or horizontal stack card. I posted to git here

Anyone else have, or more importantly not have that issue? Or find a workaround that still allows stacking?

Since the card is no longer maintained, you’ll have to fix it yourself.

1 Like

Missed that it wasn’t maintained, thanks for that info.

The native card should give you the same features than this card since 0.103, have you tried using it?

I couldn’t get it to show the fan control, maybe I missed a setting. The Simple-Thermostat works well though, and I can add other sensors which is nice as I have a flakey thermostat who does not report fan status correctly.