Dual Thermostat Card

ah, perfect. THANK YOU! This simplifies so much!

Thanks. This worked perfectly for me.

It seems that there is a small issue when changing to ā€˜fanā€™ mode.
The ā€˜hotspotā€™ for changing the mode on_click shifts down.

In cool (or heat) mode: everithing is fine
coolmode
With fan_only activated: unable to click directly on the icon
fanmode
It is possible to change the mode, when clicking directly below the icon:
fanmode_shiftedclickspot

Iā€™m using Mozilla Firefox 64.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 10

Thanks for this modification for zwave thermostats.

I would love to see a few more features if you will continue to work on this:

1. Allow to filter operation modes (my thermostat has 5 from which only 3 are ever used)
  2. Allow customizing of the operation mode Icon

Im no webdeveloper so my solution was to create my customs controls using input_select and input_number to control my thermostats but this requires lots of automations and other stuff so its not the ideal solution.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I fixed it on the latest commit, go to Github for the latest version. This was caused by the new position absolute, the slider overlay appeared on top of the mode icons when the slider was disabled.

Itā€™s awesome! Thanks for your work!

Is it possible to add the following feature:
When you click on the temperature reading -> make the detailed state card appear with the histogram (like any sensor in ha)

Just a quick question, as I am interested in this, but a bit of a novice at this.
Can this be integrated into the new Lovelace mode with UI editing, not YAML mode?

It has to be in YAML mode.

technically, you can use the raw editor and use it.

Hi Guys

Would anyone know why I only have cooling active on my thermostat?
I only have one slider relating to the cooling temperature.

I am using generic thermostats, 1 for cooling, 1 for heating. However the heating component never shows?

The card grabs the mode options from the first entity you pass, the z-wave thermostats provide all modes on both entities so it doesnā€™t matter which one you pass first, but Iā€™m not sure if you can define all the modes in the generic thermostat.

Thank you!

So sorry for being so stupid, i just got HA, and have setup my zwave devices, and learning.

I have set lovelace to yaml mode, but ionly get an error, this is in my ui-lovelace.yaml

cards:
      - type: dual-thermostat
        name: Downstairs
        entities:
          cool: climate.thermofloor_as_heatit_thermostat_tf_033_cooling
          heat: climate.thermofloor_as_heatit_thermostat_tf_033_heating

i have placed the .js file in www folder on hassio, it wasnt there from before so i created the folder

it looks like this

\\HASS\config\www\local\dual-thermostat\dual-thermostat.js

also tried this
\\HASS\config\www\custom_ui\dual-thermostat\dual-thermostat.js

but to no avail. I only get custom:dual-thermostat doesnt exist? any pointers? tried restarting a bunch of times etc

From the first post:

type: custom:dual-thermostat

First off, thank you so much for this! I was able to make this work for my Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave which creates multiple entities for cooling and heating.

However I donā€™t have the green line with both start and stop points. Switching between cool/heat modes does reflect the correct target point, mode icon, and colors (orange and blue), but I donā€™t have the upper and lower target points. Is this a limitation of my device?

Yes, your device has to support the Auto mode for the card to render it. I might add an option to force it if not shown later as the Auto mode works with the cool and heat entities separately anyways.

Thanks for the great control - looks fabulous! However, I did notice a side-effect: at least on my installation (hass.io), my ā€œUnused Entitiesā€ page now shows up blank. When I remove the card from my lovelace-ui.yaml file, it shows back up.

At first, I removed both the javascript file and the card, but I put back the javascript and the ā€œUnused Entitiesā€ page was still visible - only when I enabled the card did I notice the page blank out.

Hereā€™s my card, in case I goofed something up:

- name: Climate
    title: Climate
    icon: mdi:thermometer
    cards:
    - type: vertical-stack
      cards:
      - type: custom:dual-thermostat
        name: Upstairs
        entities:
          cool: climate.2gig_technologies_ct100_thermostat_usa_cooling_1
          heat: climate.2gig_technologies_ct100_thermostat_usa_heating_1
        fan_control: true

Are you using other cards on the YAML mode?

Anyone try to add two of these cards to a view? I get an error that fan_control is already defined.