Dual Thermostat Card

@simpat1zq check the latest release 0.3.0 added support for Hass 0.96. There is a bug with Hass climate component, some modes do not work on 0.96 (even using native card) see home-assistant/home-assistant#25322 there is a pending PR into Hass.

2 Likes

So far so good w/ my Liner/Go Control thermostats.

Side note: Are you looking to get this card added to HACS?

Not sure how to do that. If you could guide me or send a PR Iā€™ll take a look at it.

They have a nice link with the info for ya :slight_smile:

https://custom-components.github.io/hacs/developer/plugin/

Are people better off not upgrading to 0.96+ until this card is updated and operational? Noticed that the card goes completely missing, even with the updated card and 0.3.0 release.

Having the same experience ā€“ card isnā€™t showing at all, and no messages in the logs. Currently running 0.96.3 with 0.3.0 using a Radio Thermostat CT101

Card shows for me in 0.96.3 using 0.3.0, if you are using Chrome hit F12 and right click the refresh button and hit ā€œEmpty cache and hard reloadā€.

For me, F12 and refresh in chrome caused it to show temporarily ā€“ but only as cool only card ā€“ and then card disappeared again next time I opened the page.

Can you post your card config?
What type of thermostat is it?

Sure ā€“ Radio Thermostat CT101 z-wave device
I think its pretty much the basic setup.

from ui-lovelace.yaml

resources:
   - url: /local/dual-thermostat/dual-thermostat.js?v=1
     type: js
views:
  - title: Home
    cards:
      - type: custom:dual-thermostat
        name: Thermostat
        entities:
         - entity: climate.thermostatcool
           type: cool
         - entity: climate.thermostatheat
           type: heat
        fan_control: true
        min_slider: 60
        max_slider: 80

Havenā€™t tried it with 0.96.3.

When you check the entities from the dev tools does it have the correct hvac_modes listed?

What version of Hass? I debugged it with 0.96.2, havenā€™t tried it with 0.96.3.

Yes I see HVAC listed instead of operation_mode.

0.96.3 is my version.

I believe the Github repo already follows that structure and naming convention. There was a merged PR a few weeks ago renaming the dist directory.

When they changed the attributes some climate integrations got missed like the ecobees :wink:

Can you paste yours?

Hereā€™s my list:
hvac_modes: heat,heat_cool,Aux Heat,cool,off

Here is my list:

hvac_modes: heat,off,Aux Heat,heat_cool,cool

Iā€™ve tried to update to 0.96.3 and update the dual-thermostat.js card but no luck on my end. Nothing shows up for the thermostat card on the interface. I end up reverting back to a snapshot where itā€™s working until this is resolved. Would love to stay updated but hard to do when I canā€™t see the thermostat anymore.

If there are any suggestions, please let me know as Iā€™m all ears.

EDIT: WHELPā€¦ I updated and opened in an incognito browser just to be certain something wasnā€™t being goofy and cached oddly and the cards loaded properly. I cleared cache in my regular Chrome browser and boomā€¦ things are loading perfectly.

Thank you guys and sorry for being a nuisance.

1 Like

change the v=1 to something else in the resources and it will tell chrome (or any other browser) to update the javascript

I have the card working with the exact same thermostat.

If I have followed this correctly to use this card you have to have a climate device which exposes two different entities. The card will display the first device and add a second slider which controls the temperature for the second. Effectively giving an idle range.

Unfortantly my device only exposes one entity and its idle range on auto is 1 degree, so I wanted to setup some automations to handle turning to heat/cool when the target low/high temperature is reached and this card would be great to use.

Would it be possible to make it so you could define three entities: One climate device to display and then any other two entities that provide a number state for the high and low values. This could be one of the dual state devices (as it is currently designed), two different generic_thermostat/climate entities or even something as simple as two input_number entities. eg. the config might look like this:

- type: custom:dual-thermostat
        fan_control: true
        min_slider: 17
        max_slider: 30
        entities:
          - climate.lounge
          - input_number.lounge_target_cool
          - input_number.lounge_target_heat

When the sliders are changed the two input_numbers are set, however changing the other settings would go to the first device as it does currently

If only two entities are provided then the cool number would be first given and the heat number would be the second - so wouldnā€™t break current state.