Dual Thermostat Card

No this card combines the heating and cooling entities into a single thermostat card, since the entities are broken out like this we cannot use the regular thermostat card to control our thermostats.

I understood that the way this card achieves the combination of the two is that it shows the details about the cooling entity and then adds a second slider for the heating one. If this card didnā€™t exist you could still control your single device you just need to have two thermostat cards displayed one for each entity the device exposes.

For me to do what I would like I would need 3 entities and 3 cards which is even more annoying than just 2 hence my suggestion of adding support for a third which would open up its use to more people.

There is no such thing as 2 sliders, it is one slider conditionally triggering the set_temperature command on the heat or cool entity depending on which HVAC mode is active. The state is grabbed from the cool or first provided entity, but since both entities are the same thermostat it doesnā€™t make a difference. This card is not designed to support the functionality you are trying to achieve.

I am seeing this card only partially render. I am on all the latest versions.

HA 0.97.2
And 0.3.0 of this card installed via HACS

Are there any errors on the JavaScript console?

Unfortunately no so that really doesnā€™t help this is what it looks like. Seems isolated to firefox? I tried clearing site data. Seems to work on my iOS device HASS app and in chrome on the desktop but not firefox on the desktop

Will this still work in 0.98.3? If so, Iā€™ll figure out how to switch Lovelace to YAML mode with my current setup.

works in 98.2 lol

Why would you need to do that?

You can use the GUI with custom cards too

1 Like

I canā€™t get the card to render, it appears emptyā€¦

Chrome shows the following:
Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜attributesā€™ of null
at HTMLElement.updated (dual-thermostat.js:221)
at HTMLElement._validate (dual-thermostat.js:108)
at HTMLElement._invalidate (dual-thermostat.js:108)

Working in 0.98.4 too.

Is anyone having issues with this? Not sure which update, but it no longer shows.

make sure you update the card to latest version as you update HA

I have the July version, which appears to be the latest. My card is just blank :confused:

did you clear cache and change the version number in the resources section when you updated? double check the config too, mine is working.

Change the version number? I didnā€™t see anything change with that. what should it be?

ā€¦ it was the browser cacheā€¦ wtfā€¦ I even tried it in a new install of FF

you set the version number when you define the resource, see step 2 in the first post. This will tell the browser to fetch the new version.

What HA version are you on?

Just updated HA to 0.100.2 latest as of today and card seems to be working fine.