DUCKDNS access behind proxy (at work)

I installed (succesfully) the combination of duckdns addon + letsencrypt and I am able to access and login into my hass.io instance via local network, VPN and external network through the …duckdns.org address. So far so good.

The only problem I have at the moment is if I want to access HA via the duckdns from work. I Beliebe I am sitting with my work laptop behind a proxy (so my assumption is that this blocks my connection)

I am able to input my user / password credentials and then I always receive

Any adjustments I have to make on my config.yaml?

The error log doesn’t show any error upon I try the access behind the proxy.

This is likely due to your employer’s firewall blocking dynamic dns services. Fairly standard setting. There’s probably nothing you can do in home assistant to circumvent this. Maybe try Nabu Casa. It didn’t work for me.

Your options:

1. Ask your IT guy/department if you can have a rule set for you to access your home automation while at work.

2. Use your phone as a hot spot when you want to access from your PC/Laptop.

Yeah, my duckdns works fine from my phone and generally when I’m out and about surfing free WiFi. But in the UK there is a coffee shop chain (whose name rhymes with “Kosta”) that I just have no joy with. So if its desperate that I need to know what temperature my living room is - out with the phone. :roll_eyes:
Though I was in one where it worked (so probably 1 out of 20 or so I’ve tried, talk about inconsistent :rage:)

Thanks. What challenges me is that i can see the login page itself. So duckdns shouldn‘t be blocked totally,right?!

I was having a look at

And was wondering wether trusted_proxies or trusted_network would be something that could help. However i dont understand too much what those entries do…

Can anybody guide me in the right direction to fix my problem. Hope to get this figured out :slight_smile: thanks in advance

Hi.

I resolved this using ZeroTier with homeassistant and notebook in work in the same network ZeroTier. Use internal IP for acess.