DuckDNS briefly down recently?

Occasionally and out of the blue, I get notifications from the Google script monitoring my HA that it’s gone down and come back up. They tend to come in small flurries. Often overnight / in the early morning.

Just wondering if this is likely to be a DuckDNS issue (they don’t seem to have a status page or a forum their users can access) or an ISP issue.

I don’t THINK it’s the HA instance itself as when that goes down I get an alert from the MQTT broker that it’s backup if it goes down.

I guess I’m saying: has anyone noticed any DuckDNS instability overnight? Otherwise probably my ISP.

Thanks

It’s your ISP.

I have a main fibre connection and a backup cellular connection that fails over/back automatically at my router.

I occasionally see my fibre connection go down when my internet provider is doing work late at night / early morning.

I have never seen duckDNS unavailable.

Your overnight is unlikely to be my overnight. Do you think duckdns takes it’s service down when americans are asleep? Or russians? Or chinese? Or europeans?

You misunderstand. I’m not suggesting they “take it down”, I’m wondering if it went down! :stuck_out_tongue: