Dumb IR light with Tasmot'ed infrared bridge

Hello,

I just ended flashing one of these stuff with Tasmota and it’s working well: I fire some remote buttons against it, the Tasmota console brings me the according commands to put on my HASS switches. It just works.

Buuuut. I also have a IR RGB light I’d like to control with HASS. My goal would be to:

• Have a light item on Lovelace allowing me to power on and change color of the lamp ;
  • Be able to say “Alexa, turn on the lamp to green” and boom, the lamp turns on green.

Now I don’t really know how to achieve this. I have a light item in my config looking like this:

- platform: mqtt
  name: "Lampe Pac-Man"
  command_topic: "irbridgeliving/cmnd/irsend"
  qos: 1
  payload_on: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00F7C03F","DataLSB":"0x00EF03FC","Repeat":0}'
  payload_off: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00F740BF","DataLSB":"0x00EF02FD","Repeat":0}'
  retain: true

This one just allow me, for now, to power on and off the lamp. I can’t (yet) change the color or the brightness and so on.

I wonder if somebody here already tried this and managed to succeed?

I just made something like this:

# Lamp
  name: "Lamp"
  payload_on: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00F7C03F","DataLSB":"0x00EF03FC","Repeat":1}'
  payload_off: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00F740BF","DataLSB":"0x00EF02FD","Repeat":1}'

name: "Lamp in white"
  payload_on: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00F7E01F","DataLSB":"0x00EF07F8","Repeat":1}'

name: "Lampe in red"
  payload_on: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00F720DF","DataLSB":"0x00EF04FB","Repeat":1}'

And so on...

I can tell Alexa to “turn the lamp to %color%” and it just works. But I now have as much switches than colors, which isn’t so convenient. Also I have no “pretty” solution for Lovelace.

I’m not sure about the correct way to create what I’m looking for.