Duplicated MobileApp (iOS) integration - why does it still happen

From time to time I register that one of our phones stops receiving notifications.
I’m just trying to make one of them working again.
Here is what I’m seeing in integrations (and it’s not the first time):

Could anyone answer question: why the same mobile is registered twice (with different number of sensors (11 vs 15) btw). My guess is it’s somehow related to iOS application updates because I have a feeling all similar issues appear around this time.

When I open mobile app one of devices synchronizes battery level. This leads to assumption that the second one is wrong, and if I delete it notifications start working. Wrong. I need to remove the latter too. Then open the application, which adds new device to integration.

It’s not the first time. I already reported it to GitHub. Is it only me who experiencing such issues? While I could fix it to myself from time to time, it happens to other ha users who are not interested in fixing those issues on their own (ie my wife). For them it should be reliable as all other apps they are using.

Try log out of the ios app, delete both from the Mobile app integration in HA. Now delete the ios app from device. re-download app and run login again. I found that when there is an update and when you run the app it get log out and when re login you get duplicate device. Since it got same name which ever you delete it just get re created. Also changing the device name in the IOS app will solve the duplicate problem.

OK, so you are confirming that updating the app causing this issue?
Then it should be considered to be a serious bug since every update might cause (or does cause) breaking notification functionality.

I dont think it just HA app update, update ios or router reboot as well. I suspect what happen is when the iso app is still in the background (still login) when open again and there is some change in the network HA kick it out and need to log back in… that when you get a duplicate

we also get these constant
“Login attempt or request with invalid authentication“

for similar reason but did not get kick out

so i guess the security/authentication working “too well” i suppose.

Have no idea what do you mean by “network change”.
But Login passes app/device identifier, isn’t it? So multiple logins should never result in creation of new devices.

try this…
open the HA IOS app leave it open and let the device go to sleep. now wake the device up on IOS app.

what should I look at? I can see that app is reconnecting. But again, there is no reason to create new device since app should use the same identifier everytime. Still, it loosing connection in tunnels etc and must be able to recover without making mess in HA.

Question is this is prob with the app or HA integration.

I found 2 years old issue in git.

Two times suggested to be bug in core, both closed without stating reason. imo it looks like pingpong between core and mobile app devs without architectural agreement on which component should be changed

That is when it creat a duplicate for me, may be more often in my case because I got a wall mount kiosk.

I’ve had this happen a few times. It’s annoying.

I’m seeing the same thing happen but one is wireless and one is cellular.