DD - Automatic area-based dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile - V3.7.0

Looks awesome. Cant wait to try it out

So the status… I added functionality for ‘Dwains Theme Addons’. This way you can add own views to rooms, more page and the dynamic page.
The camera (4th tab in the menu) is now dynamic. By default the dynamic page shows the cameras. But not everyone has cameras in his HA setup. Or if you just want to show something else on the cameras page. You can use a dynamic page addon.

When I release my theme, realize that not everything is supported. Only the things from the demo video. I prefer that you make an Feature Request for any feature you want to see added to the theme by default. For other things you can then make an own theme addon and maybe share it on the forum.
I still have a lot of ideas in my head to implement into this theme.

Regarding to the theme release… I’m wrapping up the docs this evening and walk thought all the files for typos. I will keep you updated this evening or tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Looking forward to the release!

This looks very interesting, thank you for all the work you’ve put into this already. Excited to try it out when you’re ready to release.

Really nice work!

I assume it will be for heavy skilled users again?

It depends, the only thing you need to understand is how to work with YAML files. And some standard knowledge of how HA works.

My theme has the slogan “An auto generating Home Assistant Lovelace UI”. It’s not (yet) fully auto generating (so not a 1 click install and done). You still need to define your house in so called ‘Dwains Theme Config files’. After that it will create all views (pages) for you automatic. Working with these files is not that hard and is fully explained in the docs, which I will release with the files soon.

There should be a rule on teaser posts like this. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO POST THE RELEASE OR IT’S REMOVED! All kidding aside, how’s it coming?

2 Likes

It was all a joke, my theme preview video are just some photoshop mockups :smiley:

Details

No joke, i’m wrapping up the docs. I created a function for 1 dynamic page, more page addons and room addons. I needed to write docs on how to use this but its done. I’m now checking everything for typos. Doing some tests (different HA setups) and then you can all try it.

5 Likes

Oh you dirty dog. You had me going for a second there!

I’m actually pretty happy with my own lovelace but I’m looking forward to testing this out for you. If it does what it promises to do I think it will make HA more accessible for new users when they’re just getting started. Great idea!

I like how you seem to be anal about your work. Meaning you want it to be perfect. I see this being one of HA most prized projects. You are amazing!

3 Likes

Hi, any progress?

I removed the badge.

EDIT: Before there, start a discussion in a loop. He can add the Badge again if there is a Release. We want to make sure that we do not create competition for Kickstarter, and people also become somethings for here donations.

However, beautiful work and I happy to see a release for testing it out soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This looks interesting!

1 Like

The release is coming soon. (It is not yet available!)

In the mean time if you are interested in this theme you can already do some preparations. This way you don’t have to rush on the install when its out.

This info has been moved to the docs: https://dwainscheeren.github.io/lovelace-dwains-theme/getting-started/preparations.html

I ask you all for some patience in the mean time I will keep you updated!

9 Likes

Thank you. All are added and ready to go. Where do you want us to ask for feature requests? I’m looking at using this on 8" Samsung tablets around my house and I could have additional menu icons. What I currently have is a Tileboard page for my Spotify scripts and music zones. It’s nice to have a page dedicated to adjusting zone volume or pause the master Spotify. Even if there’s an ability to add additional menu pages with dynamic lists?

1 Like

+1 on that… @adamlaakso1

That’s currently not possible. I use custom header plugin for the header and as far as I know it’s not possible to set settings inside lovelace for it. So I cant template additional pages. Maybe I will figure out a way to handle this in the future. So in the first version of this theme you are limited to 5 tabs in the menu to access everything.

Release time!!!

Yeah v1.1.1 The official release version :tada:

NOTE: It still may contain some bugs. Please open a Issue on Github when you find something! :smiley:

If you like you can subscribe on my Home Assistant YouTube channel I will soon start posting some more videos there.

Have a feature request?
Open an issue on GitHub with the title FR or Feature Request

Information
Documentation on how to install available here: https://dwainscheeren.github.io/lovelace-dwains-theme/

Note this theme is a start on having a easy and functional Lovelace setup in my eyes. It doesn’t support everything right now. Please don’t change any of the files inside the folder dwains-theme , because future updates of this theme may not work. If you want to extend or add own views/pages to this theme use addons

I’m working hard on some big things for the next coming versions (first update this week) like:

• Desktop/tablet optimization
  • Support for more sensors (water leak etc)
  • Re-write all more info popups of all entities with ones that match my theme design
  • A function to override those more info popups for specific entites with own cards
  • Create more by default included (example) addons
  • Translate to more languages
7 Likes

Currently running it. I love it!!!

1 Like

Downloaded, installed, running!!! Looks great. Good work and congratulations. :grinning:

1 Like