Dyson Link Action and Sensor

Any word on the updated version? :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there, can anyone show me how to activate night mode on the Dyson tower fan? In the library it shows that there is a night mode option available but I am struggling to get it to activate. I have tried writing a script to call the service, which I can get working for oscillation, but not for night mode, and to be honest I’m not even sure if this is the right way to go about it. Any help is appreciated.

I am using the latest Hassio with the built in Dyson component.

dyson_nightmode:
    alias: Night Mode
    sequence:
    - data:
        entity_id: fan.purifier_cool_tower
        night_mode: 'true'
      service: fan.night_mode

dyson_oscillate:
    alias: Fan oscillate on
    sequence:
    - data:
        entity_id: fan.purifier_cool_tower
        oscillating: 'true'
      service: fan.oscillate

Heating controls appear to have been added to a new climate device.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/14598

I’ve manually copied the files across, but am getting invalid entity id errors, so may just wait until the final release.

Hi, I’ve been unable to get this to work due to an error on setup relating to dependencies. This is from the log:
Error during setup of component dyson
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 146, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 304, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/dyson.py”, line 86, in setup
device[“device_id”])
KeyError: ‘device_id’

Any ideas?

Thanks

I’m stuck on getting the device configured.

Log file reporting:

[homeassistant.components.dyson] Creating new Dyson component
[homeassistant.components.dyson] Connected to Dyson account
[homeassistant.components.dyson] Unable to find device XXX-UK-XX1234A in Dyson account

As the discovery did not work, I’ve specified the device name and ip address in the config. Naturally I’ve cut and paste from my Dyson account, so it is correct but no dice.

Any suggestions most welcome.

I’m now at a similar point to you, kev. I get:
Connected to Dyson account
then
/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:857: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made.
then
Unable to find device xyz-UK-xyzxyzA in Dyson account
After a bit of looking around, it seems that the call to devices() returns an empty list, i.e. the website api is not sending back the list of devices linked to the account. I tried also registering mine at dyson.com (as it was only there in the UK site) but that made no difference.
I hope someone can help! @CharlesBlonde ? I’m not sure if it is linked to the unverified HTTPS error.

EDIT: I have the newer TP04 and it seems there may be issues with discovering this: https://github.com/CharlesBlonde/libpurecoollink/issues/14

2 Likes

i’ve the same error.

but, i think there is a probleme with dyson api or dyson website, or db, i don’t know.
If i go the the dyson .be (i’m from belgium), i can’t add the device to “my dyson” i always receive a error who say something like “unknow serial number”.
i’ve try the same to dyson.fr and there, serial number is recognized, but i haven’t continue the process because i’m not in France.

i’ve contacted dyson to know why i can’t do this but … response is not really helpfull they just say me something like “no worry you are registred and garanty will work”.

i dont know what i can do.
Is there a way to use dyson directly thrue LAN and not with the dyson account ?

does anyone have more news about that ?

Did you ever get this solved? As I am experiencing the same issue with a Pure Cool Fan.

No :frowning:

I’m pretty sure this is a Dyson side issue.
I’ve contact the Dyson support, and the response is “we know, and are working on it” but this is the same response since 3 month, so i think this is a king of “boat response”.

That’s unfortunate :disappointed:

I’m glad i found this, my brain was broken trying to figure out why TP04 wouldn’t connect.

I just took another look at the earlier posts from @Vincent, what is strange is that we are getting the same error in HASS, but my fan is listed on the Dyson webpage. Is yours showing up in your Dyson account? I added mine through the app, instead of the website, so I’m wonder if that has something to do with it?

Yup my fan is in the dyson account. For good measure I copied and pasted the serial number. I have hard coded username/password for testing and tried it with discovery off and on, and all possible combinations lol This might be a specific TP04 issue or dyson has changed how account SN’s are retrieved.

The question is, does anyone have this working with TP04 or anything dyson? If yes, what version of Hass are you using and possibly what version of python as well.

Ditto, I have done the same thing and nothing seems to work. I do believe that the discovery feature was turned off, but worth a shot

Hi @CharlesBlonde,

I get the below error when trying to setup my fan:

“Unable to find device VS7-UK-KCA1324A in Dyson account”

Can you help me troubleshoot?

Hi tc23,

No, mine is not listed in my dyson account (and it is impossible to add it through dyson website)
the fan is added in the Dyson app, but not visible in my dyson account on the website, and the error returned by home assistant says exactly that (something like fan not found in your account)

what did you do to add it in the dyson account (and also, do you use dyson.fr or dyson.be) ?

I just installed it from the app. It shows up in my dyson account but I’m wondering if I need to add it through the website, instead of the app. The website that I am on is dyson.com/en.html. I just changed the language to EN (i’ve tried US, GB, AU). And now I am getting the error Not connected to Dyson account. Unable to add devices. I don’t know if that is progress or not haha

i think dyson make a difference between dyson.com, dyson.fr, dyson,be
in my understand of the problem, these different dyson.country website are really for different country and different account.
if i try to connect with my account on dyson.fr it’s not working, but if i try on dyson.be it’s working, but, my the serial number of my dyson is recognized on dyson.fr but not on dyson.be (even in the shop where i bought my dyson the serial number was not recognized).

maybe a solution for me is to create a second accound on dyson.fr and add my product there even if i’m in belgium, but my product is registred with the app in belgium with my first account

Have you tried the different language codes before? What do they return for you?