Dyson Link Action and Sensor

Language codes don’t do anything in the hass setup. I’m wondering if the integration only works in none US (EN) sites. For instance people in US should use the www.dyson.co.uk to register their product?

Were you able to get it configured that way?

haven’t tried yet.

revisiting this, do you happen to have MQTT set up? I just noticed in the docs that the nmap scan they list has port 1883 listed, which is the standard port for MQTT. When I tried to ping the ip of the fan, I got a no host reply, but when I added the port I got a reply. Could there be a conflict there? I tried to add the port to the config but it didn’t work (i.e. xxx.xxx.xx.xx:1883)?

hi,

we all have the same issue (fan connection not working) but i’m not sure we have the same reason.
for me i’m convinced this is a dyson problem, because event in dyson website my fan is not found

FYI… i have 2 of the Pure Cool Link.
I had a lot of issues with with connectivity and now i think this is the problem:

FW 21.02.02 - Works fine most of the time. Connection in the app and in HA is available (MOST of the time)
FW 21.03.08 - Works fine for 2min after Setup… then drops connection in both Dyson Link app as well as HA.

If the fan with the new FW is disconnected from Power or if the Wifi Button (Power) is pressed for 5 seconds it will reconnect, but only will stay available for about 1 or 2 min. I can see the device however as having an active WIFI connection in my Unifi AP… so i think this is a problem with Dyson… Still trying to find out how i can do a FW Downgrade with their support.

just for info.

Dyson have completly review their dyson.fr website (with a message saying in some case we need to create a new account).
But, for Belgium (Dyson.be) it seems that there is no change :frowning: always impossible to add my dyson in belgium website.
For other country, i don’t know.

Regards

Does anyone have a scale for AQI in the sensor and how it translates to the Dyson app word?

For instance is AQI of 5 = “GOOD”? How do the rest of the AQI classifications align to a numeric value?

Here’s what the mobile app has: good, fair, poor, very poor, extremely poor, severe. I’m trying to display the word in a picture-element card and displaying the numeric value is meaningless. Thanks in advance!

On the Dyson link app, click the ‘?’ in a circle next to the AQI on the home screen to get the rating in your country. I believe they could be country dependant as mine was different to their own example. I’m in AU.

Thanks for this. I believe this applies to outside air quality and not indoor with what triggers the dyson to increase speed when AQI is above a certain number. The goal here is to send an alert to the mobile app once indoor AQI is in a specific state. Since through hass it only reports a number, it’s hard to understand what number correlates with which category (good vs. very good, severe, etc.)

Taking a look at the source code, I don’t think the number really corresponds to an AQI like you would see with purple air, etc. It basically just represents the maximum number of these 4 attributes: particulate_matter_2_5, particulate_matter_10, nitrogen_dioxide and .volatile_organic_compounds.