Dyson not connecting anymore

Yes, after populating Dyson Local is working for me. I left the host blank and also make sure you choose the exact device from the list.

Logout from the app in Android/Iphone, then login again and immediately after logging in, click on submit in HA.

I have the TP07, purifier+cool - I see others from other forums that they’ve had this working with HA previously.
I’ve managed to get the serial, credential and host, but still I can’t add to HA.
Tried the above, logging out then logging in again and immediately clicking on submit, but that does nothing unfortunately :confused:
Any other ideas out there?

I got it working, maybe my steps can help someone else.

No WiFi SSID or password is visible on my device, so I had to setup manually as per https://github.com/shenxn/ha-dyson - Downloaded the application and originally when running I received an error just after entering in my e-mail address. Worked around this by logging out of the application on my iPhone, then just after logging in again, running the get_devices.py application again.

I then had my serial, credential and “device type”

Went to HA to add my device via the “Dyson Local” integration I previously setup via HACS.
Selected to setup “manually” and then filled in the serial, credential and for device type I really didn’t know which one to select…so I selected various ones at random…Finally I stumbled upon https://github.com/shenxn/libdyson/blob/7b19d1c96c151eb876d8d8fbb3a4d5f2917b86b3/libdyson/const.py#L4 and had a look at which “device type” my scan had found, matched that up (in my case I had to select a “Pure Cool Formaldehyde”)
Then I received a message saying “failed to discover”…decided to try and fill in the host (IP address) and would you believe it, the device was added to my HA.

Hope this helps someone else.

This integration used to work perfectly, but hasn’t for a fair few weeks for me now.
I get this in the logs:

Setup failed for custom integration dyson_local: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'DysonPurifierHumidifyCoolFormaldehyde' from 'libdyson' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libdyson/__init__.py)

Reloading the integration or restarting HA OS doesn’t resolve.

I think I’m going to try completely removing the integration and starting from scratch, considering the above advice.

This integration does not support configuration via the UI.

For both Cloud and Local integrations. Don’t seem to be able to re-add.

I get the same error

Same issue here as well…
Coinsidently I upgraded to 8.5 OS from 8.3 and it stopped after the reboot.

Not sure if the reboot or update caused it. I always snapshot my VM before an OS update… and the one time I forget…

Solution:

If I choose System → Restart, HA dyson integrations fail to launch with the error above.

If I choose System → Hardware → " Three Dots " → Reboot host, See dyson integration loads properly and works well.

Please Help.
I have HASS OS
added repository HACS clod and local
When i try to install Dyson Local and Dyson Cloud i have this error:
Screenshot 2022-11-03 alle 20.44.20
is italian language

PLEASE how can i do to integrate Dyson Cloud and local ?

THANKS from Italy

This can help to response too.

And this in error registry:

See the message above (can’t insert 2 image in the same post soprry…)

Has anyone found a fix? I’m running into the same issue even after removing and then re-adding the integration.

Setup failed for custom integration dyson_local: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'DysonPurifierHumidifyCoolFormaldehyde' from 'libdyson' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libdyson/__init__.py)

Hi All -

Trying to setup Dyson Local using my new Dyson Hot+Cool, and getting a “Failed to connect” message with and without the Host IP address.

I noticed that when I compare my device type from the Python output (527K) to the link that @mickeynygaard shared (libdyson/const.py at 7b19d1c96c151eb876d8d8fbb3a4d5f2917b86b3 · shenxn/libdyson · GitHub), I don’t see my device type listed. There is a 527 and a 527E, but no 527K.

Could this be my issue? Or do minor letter revisions to the device type not matter?

That is your issue, yes: Adding support for 527K - Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Formaldehyde by Ulrar · Pull Request #36 · shenxn/libdyson · GitHub

1 Like

Maybe this post helps you: Dyson Cloud never worked, using Dyson Local only now · Issue #178 · shenxn/ha-dyson · GitHub