Dyson not connecting anymore

Do you have it between VLANs now? I have my Heurist in an IOT VLAN, then HA in it’s own VLAN as well (as it has inbound port forwards).

I’m using opnSense, so I have the multicast DNS repeater running on the Guest, IoT, Users and Media VLANS - so that the Heurist App on my iPhone, in the Users VLAN, can discover locally the Heurist via mDNS. As it announces MQTT via mDNS.

Then, a firewall rule on the IOT zone to allow multicast DNS traffic inbound to the interface:

Heurist → 224.0.0.251 → UDP → Port 5353

On my HA VLAN, HA itself has unrestricted access out to the devices in the IoT VLAN that it needs to talk to.

Have you checked for drops, both directions, on your router/firewall?

I had to start the Dyson setup over, and now Dyson Cloud just says “Failed to Connect” after entering my email address. I followed directions (disconnect my app and even uninstalled, got the 2FA code, etc…), but I can’t seem to get it to connect. Can anyone help?

Tried and tried and couldn’t get Dyson Cloud to even show up as an option in integrations. I’m running Hass in a VirtualBox VM.

Before creating the VirtualBox VM I had core running on an old Android phone in Termux.

I pulled out that phone, fired it up and downloaded this:

Can then use:

source hass/bin/activate
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
python3 get_devices.py

It will take you through accessing your Dyson Cloud account (your responses to the prompt are case sensitive) and give you the serial, credential etc of each device you have linked to your Dyson account.

There must be an easier way but this worked for me.

1 Like

I’m trying to integrate my Dyson purifier Formaldehyde fan in home assistant without success. The custom ha-dyson local integration does not work and give a “Failed to find the device using discovery” message.
I also tried the cloud version, it does not connect with errors too.

Is there a Dyson integration that is proven to work on a TP09 fan (purifier formaldehyde fan) ?

Thanks

I have that fan and used the method I posted to get it working. I couldn’t get it integrated any other way.

what part of Dyson local isn’t working?

Have you followed this part of the instructions?

Setup manually

If you want to manually set up Dyson Local, you need to get credentials first. Clone or download GitHub - shenxn/libdyson: Python library for dyson devices, then use python3 get_devices.py to do that. You may need to install some dependencies using pip3 install -r requirements.txt.

This part can fail and the solution is to log out and then back in to your Dyson app on your phone (it somehow triggers the email and 2FA to work).

Hi Guys,

i have the same problem. After i got a new router my dysoncloud integration stoped working. i tried everything i found on it in here. Even reinstalled Home Assistant. I still get the failed to connect message when i try to install the integration. (logging out of the App on my phone, logging back in using the Authentication Code, restarting HA… but still no luck) Anyone got the dysoncloud integration working again?

yes, did it just the other day. Did you try to get the codes as per my post above (using libdyson)?

Hi jchh, no i tried to get the dyson cloud integration working because i dont want to set it up manually

Agh, OK. I am not sure the cloud integration works anymore.

Is this integration no longer being developed?

anyone get this error when trying to install either local or cloud

Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration dyson_cloud: cannot import name 'DysonPurifierHumidifyCoolFormaldehyde' from 'libdyson' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libdyson/__init__.py)
1 Like

Local is working fine for me (HA Core 2022.6.1).
Cloud hasn’t worked in a while (for anyone).

Hey All,

I decided to try and use the python method to get my device passwords. When I run the script, I get this error:

Please choose your account region
1: Mainland China
2: Rest of the World
Region [1/2]: 2
Region code: ca
Email: [email protected]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/jwilliams/Downloads/libdyson/get_devices.py”, line 22, in
verify = account.login_email_otp(email, region)
File “/home/jwilliams/Downloads/libdyson/libdyson/cloud/account.py”, line 122, in login_email_otp
response = self.request(
File “/home/jwilliams/Downloads/libdyson/libdyson/cloud/account.py”, line 114, in request
raise DysonInvalidAuth
libdyson.exceptions.DysonInvalidAuth

Can anyone help?

Sign out and sign in via the app first and then immediately try again.

For some reason, triggering a successful login (with 2FA) in the app allows the python method to work (perhaps because the 2FA is still valid for a short while??).

i ended up using the packet capture method on my Android. Got the Credentials and everything is working with Dyson Local!

How did you do that? I’m trying to use the captur method but No Date in the captures.
Thanks.

I followed option #2 in this guide:

https://github.com/shenxn/ha-dyson/issues/5

Thanks, it works!

after getting the credentials, did you managed to connect with dyson local integration? i keep getting failed to connect.